RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1700 miles in 3 days!! 842 yesterday. Froze my butt first couple of hours yesterday morning. Sure glad I found a gas station open at 4:30 am. Came from Sterling Colorado to Denton Texas yesterday. Fought the wind like crazy going and coming around Witcha but nice ride the rest of the time. Ran 80 mph all the way. Stopped every 90 miles or so and got gas and walked around. No problems with her. Changing oil and air filters this week (little over 4000 miles on her) Nice bike for sure

·
Registered
661 Posts
My son is in the Airforce stationed at Sheppard AFB in Witchita Falls Texas. I was thinking about riding out to see him next month. After reading this....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....I may fly! I thought Texas was warm like Florida year round! LOL! Ruckus

·
Registered
926 Posts
Wow! Ive heard stories about you guys (iron butts) but I have never tried over 600 miles one way on a single Motorcycle trip. I was young back then....I need to take a vacation and give that a try again. Except for the cold, its sounds like fun.

I used to live in the DFW area (most of my life) and I can say that TX has both extremes, Scorching hot summers and bitter cold winters.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,714 Posts
That sounds like a great ride! What seat do you have? You should put up some gallery pictures.

600 miles a day is very do-able with the right seat. Although I didn't make the trip in '08, for a number ofd years I rode from Phoenix AZ (750 miles) or from Portland Oregon (600 miles) to Reno Nevada for Street Vibrations. I make the trip from Portland in a single day's ride, but from Phoenix sometimes I stopped over. A few times I rode most of the distance in the rain, the worst was coming home in '07.Even then, no problems, its a very stable machine. BTW Mustang seats are incredible for this kind of riding.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Scoper50 said:
What would you consider a "bitter cold winter" in texas?

To me, Bitter cold is whenthe temp drops below 30degrees with a humidity and windchill that makes you shiver when you are outside for a few minutes with a big coat on. Ok, keep in mindI am warm blooded, my body is built to withstand hot temperatures not cold.

I am sureit gets cold up in **** Rapids too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got the bike a couple months ago. I had some extra foam put in the stock seat. My butt was starting to get uncomfortable about every 80 miles but then I would stop and get gas and walk around a little and I was good for another 80. I was only really cold when I was running first couple hours in Colorado 37 degrees!! I burned a hole in my glove trying to get my hands warm?? In Oklahoma every car was running over 80 mph!! I ran close to 90 for quite a long distance. Wonder if a different seat really makes that much difference?? I changed the air filters yesterday and changing oil & filter today. I have a question on the oil drain plugs?? two?? but will do a different post on it.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
YES! A mustang seat will make a difference you will not regret. Best seat on the market for long distance riding, hands down. And I've tried both Corbin and Mustang. Couldn't keep the wife off the bike once I put the Mustang on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts