RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Looks Great! Low & Black! Must be cold down by the lake huh? I wouldn't know, I'm in Florida! Lol. Great job! Ruckus

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol...we had a cold front come through but it's back to the 70's today and for the weekend.
Thanks for the compliments on the bike...stay safe.

-Nick

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Looks really good lowered. You might want to consider getting rid of that sticker on your swingarm though because it stands out like a sore thumb on your midnight. Love the Executioner's also by the way. If that heatshield had been a little longer/better or if I had a midnight those would have absolutely been my choice when I bought my exhaust.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sorry, but I can't see the pics here at work. I am sure it looks good and will check it from home. What method did you use to lower? FNG, Tricky, lowering links, etc.? Did you upgrade your spring? I want to lower mine, but I have not picked a method yet. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CalWarrior said:
Sorry, but I can't see the pics here at work. I am sure it looks good and will check it from home. What method did you use to lower? FNG, Tricky, lowering links, etc.? Did you upgrade your spring? I want to lower mine, but I have not picked a method yet. Thanks.

I went with the lowering links from pacific coast star. Ilike the linksbecause they are relatively easy to install and you aren't really messing with the suspension setup. Ended up lowering it 2 inches in the rear which looks perfect and is low enough to scare the *** out of me the first right hander I took and **** near broke my exhaust off lol. Had to do a little grindingand fabricatingto keep the executioners but all is wellnow....

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
CalWarrior said:
CalWarrior ... here's some olderthreads that might be of interest regarding alternate choices and specifics regardingthe PCS links:

[*]PCS install / Please look at these pics: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/22857/282749.aspx#282749
[*]PCS lowing kit info: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/24985/367814.aspx#367814
[*]PCS Lowering Kit: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/22741/344296.aspx#344296
[*]Best lowering kit?: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/5695/91619.aspx#91619[/list]EDITED: cordxxx .... some excellent photos of the transformation

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I would go with Ram396's lowering links again if I had the choice again. No question about it. Easilyinstalled, easily adjustable, high quality, great support and shipping, cheaper then similarily designed links, a well known and thought of forum member.... what more could you want?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've got a set of PCS links that I have been waiting to install, how difficult was the install, I'd consider myself mechanically inclined but by no means am I a mechanic. Done all the bolt on work to my bike so far (bars/risers, exhaust, PCIII, and planning on doing my v-bak when it comes) Is this a fairly simple affair?

By the way bike looks great lowered, can't wait to get mine done.

·
Registered
893 Posts
looks great! quick question, when you measured the before height, did you measure it straight up or on the kickstand? reason i ask is because i forgot to measure my height and i wanted to see how much i lowered it, if you can help me out that would be great!

trick

·
Registered
926 Posts
Yeah, I forgot to measure mine before lowering too. I used a modified relay arm (flip and grind) but it might be too low for my tastes. My heel and pegsscrape too much.I plan in getting the adjustable Ram396. There is doubt in my mind thatlowering the bike makes it look way cool. Its not just a matter of removing the empty space between the fender and tire, it also changes the stance of the bike.

Thanks for posting pics... but all I saw was a swingarm sticker. shame shame

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NorCalWarrior said:
I've got a set of PCS links that I have been waiting to install, how difficult was the install, I'd consider myself mechanically inclined but by no means am I a mechanic. Done all the bolt on work to my bike so far (bars/risers, exhaust, PCIII, and planning on doing my v-bak when it comes) Is this a fairly simple affair?

\

GOOD NEWS!! It's not that bad lol. Mainly you are going to need some kind of lift because the hardest part is finding the right position (have to move the rear tire up and down) to get the suspension back in the bike. Anyways here you go:

1) Liftthe bike...make sure you put the lift far enough forward to be able to get to the rear suspension...remember it's gotto come out.

2)Get the horn outof the way then use a 17mm to remove2 bolts that hold the assembly in place.

3) I had to jack the bike up and down a little here to find the right height to be able toget the suspension out. It'sa little tight just be patient and trynot to cuss as much as I did.

4)Take the factory arms/links off and install the new ones. Probably wouldn't bea bad idea to grease everything since it's already apart.

5) Put itback in...helps to have another person at this point to raise and lower the rear tire by hand so you canfind the right positionfor it to slide back into place.

6) Make sure everything's tight and enjoy.

Any other ?'s PM me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trick said:
looks great! quick question, when you measured the before height, did you measure it straight up or on the kickstand? reason i ask is because i forgot to measure my height and i wanted to see how much i lowered it, if you can help me out that would be great!

trick

I measured it straight up with no load on the suspension. The kit said it would lower it 1 and 3/4 inches but it ended up being 2. Lower the better

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
antitech1 said:
Yeah, I forgot to measure mine before lowering too. I used a modified relay arm (flip and grind) but it might be too low for my tastes. My heel and pegsscrape too much.I plan in getting the adjustable Ram396. There is doubt in my mind thatlowering the bike makes it look way cool. Its not just a matter of removing the empty space between the fender and tire, it also changes the stance of the bike.

Thanks for posting pics... but all I saw was a swingarm sticker. shame shame

Yeah...funny thing is the stickerdidn't show as bad until after I posted the pics and that was all I could see too! So I went and bought anothersticker and put in on the other side so it would match! J/K it's off now.

·
Registered
692 Posts
cordxxx said:
NorCalWarrior said:

\

GOOD NEWS!! It's not that bad lol. Mainly you are going to need some kind of lift because the hardest part is finding the right position (have to move the rear tire up and down) to get the suspension back in the bike. Anyways here you go:

1) Liftthe bike...make sure you put the lift far enough forward to be able to get to the rear suspension...remember it's gotto come out.

2)Get the horn outof the way then use a 17mm to remove2 bolts that hold the assembly in place.

3) I had to jack the bike up and down a little here to find the right height to be able toget the suspension out. It'sa little tight just be patient and trynot to cuss as much as I did.

4)Take the factory arms/links off and install the new ones. Probably wouldn't bea bad idea to grease everything since it's already apart.

5) Put itback in...helps to have another person at this point to raise and lower the rear tire by hand so you canfind the right positionfor it to slide back into place.

6) Make sure everything's tight and enjoy.

Any other ?'s PM me.

Thanks for the tips, that sounds pretty managable, raining today and through the weekend, so hopefully next weekend I can get this knocked out

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I installed the PCS links on my bike as well. They are the perfect length.Any lower and I know there would betire/fender scraping. I have Elite forward controls, so no worries on peg scraping. I do scrape the backing plate on my Samson exhaust thru right side leans, so I ground 1/4" off the plate, and modified the tips... no more scraping (usually).

I haven't tried other makes for lowering links, but these work perfectly, IMHO.

Yourbike looks alot better slammed like that! Great job!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts