RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just outside having a smoke (I know, bad habit). I went into the garage to get out of the wind and was just staring at the bike. I haven't ridden since probably october. I've done a lot of work on the bike since I put it away for the winter. I had the stock exhaust and that had to change. I bolted on a set of Samson Street Sweepers in December. Shortly before that I got rid of the ugly plastic mudflap and installed a yamaha fender eliminator with a radiantz led license plate frame.

Since I replaced the exhaust I had to do something about the fuel injection. I toyed with the idea of just bumping the ECU, but after reading tons of stuff on this forum about the ECU bump, I decided it was a better idea to go with the Power Commander 3 USB. I installed that last weekend. And while I had the tank off, I figured I might as well remove the Air Injection System. So I did with the Barons kit.

Since I installed the exhaust I've started the bike up 3 times just to hear it. Since it's so cold out, I had to start it up in the garage. It's deafening loud. I'm hoping it was only because I was in an enclosed building and the sound was just bouncing off the walls. I've also heard that pipes often quite down a little when they warm up. Don't get me wrong. I want my pipes loud. But not so loud it hurts.

Anyway, I have to quit rambling and get to the point. I've installed all this stuff in my bike, and I have yet to ride it with all the accessories/mods. It's just sitting in the garage and it's driving me nuts. I can't wait for spring.

Next mods will be a V-Bak and Bars. But not for awhile. I need to focus on payingdown my debt first Maybe next year. I can't wait to ride again.

'

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Couple more months, and you'll be riding again and loving it. Couple more months and it will start to get hot here, and riding means getting sweaty and eventually it's just too dang hot to ride at all.

The Warrior is an awesome bike even when it's stock. I keep telling myself to enjoy it for what it is -- save my money rather than dumping it all into the bike.

Hang in there. Oh, and quit smoking! It'll save you $50 every month! (as a former smoker, I know how impossible it is to quit)...

Take it easy.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i am having the same problem. i even had a dream about riding with the new improved warrior.

when the snow melts i will have to ride down there and hook up for a ride.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Exactly! I have run out of mod money so ridin' season needs to get here. Similar to your winter, I have installed V&H BigRadius pipes, V&H FuelPak, Yami windshield, Mustang seat, Cobra sissy bar with rack, Cobra floorboards for rider and passenger and I've got the PR Air Kit and Kuryakyn grips waiting to be installed.

C'mon Spring.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Counting the days until spring! At least i get to ride in florida in 10 days-renting a roadstar like every winter! Anyways , hopefully my bike will be ready to go before spring-might not if we never get the battery deal figured out on this site, mine is pretty weak even with the trickle charger on it.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I JUST GOT BACK FROM A RIDE...WHOO HOOO!!!!

Short but non the less sweet as always. Still cold as **** out but the sun was shining and it looked really nice outside. I bundled up and went for it. As long as I stayed below 20mph it was perfect!!! lol Course that didnt happen.

Glad I took this ride though, supposed to snow again Monday night.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I went out yesterday (mid 50s) not bad if dressed right, but I got a few sprinkles on my visor,well worth it. The next week is on and off rain. Its bad enough the weather is gloomy, compound that with severe bike withdrawals ... [:'(]

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Arkansas Warrior said:
I didnt think Az was cold?  i'm still thinking bot going round the block here in Ar.  its in 40s now
It's not. BJ is a wimp.

Kidding....

That's the awesome thing about Arizona. Hot desert landscape is just a few hours away from snowy mountain landscape. Hot weather in the Southern desert, and cold weather in the Northern mountains.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
i hear you bot the withdrawls ive been to the garge 100 times today looking at my baby especially since i install the scoop on the right side

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Well spring will Not get here soon enough for me - moved down here 16 years ago from Mn (short riding season). now i realize i didnt move far enough into the south lol

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Here in Montreal, Canada, there is still 2ft of snow on the lawns. At least another month before the first ride. I'll be out there as soon as the roads are clear.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I rode a couple months with open street sweepers and put baffles in which take the "edge" off the noise but still plenty loud.You'll see when ya go on a long ride.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got the fever as well, although my bike is still in the crate and not put together yet. I still went ahead and got a fat tire kit from Jim. I too am thinking of putting the Samson Street Sweepers on my bike, just wondering how they sound. I would like to get bars for it before spring as well. CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE!!!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I just got mine back together from being rearended by a friend.Plus I am buying a Busa. Man I cant wait to ride.Wont be long.

·
Vendor
943 Posts
Did the double t fat bars, 31t pully, and some other cosmedic mods over the winter. Took it out recently a few times in the cold but the streets are clean. Cannot wait for some warmer weather so I can really open it up. That 26 degree riding is some cold a** sh*t.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Yeah i remember ridingmy Vmax for a couple of hours in the low 20s burrrrrr. I personally think we need to speed up the global warming process!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts