RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Warrior Riders:

What should I do as a warrior rookie?
I just ordered V&H Bigshots for my 04 Warrior. The dealer said that I don't need a power commander since he can make the necessary adjustments. What do you guys think? While he is remapping the system should I just throw on a different air intake? If yes, which one?

Thanks,

Crazigerman

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah, I just ordered V&H Bigshots too... and I was wondering the same thing. The counter guy insisted that I had to order the PCIII, but I'm wondering if its just to get every last bit of improvement out of the new pipes, or am I (are we) risking damage due to too-lean condition / whatever...? I'm also wondering what experiences people have had with 'blueing', I bought my Indigo '02 used with a Cobra slip-on, and it is turning blue A LOT after just 1200 miles. I'm hoping V&H avoids blueing a little better... BTW, do these Warriors rock or what? My last bike was an '83 750 Interceptor, but it might as well have been a Schwinn compared to this thing...

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
i installed Ripsaws and Jug Huggers on my Warrior and it runs fine... perfect almost. however, not every bike is the same. some may REQUIRE a PC3, some may require an ECU tweak--- some may not need anything.

if i were you- id install them and run it- check the plugs and adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the fast response. What kind of air intake are you guys using? Does it make a big difference? Also, can the passenger footpegs be lowered, now that the big canon will be removed?
Do you expect a great power increase with the big shots and air intake?
Thanks for helping out the new guy.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The Patrick Racing air kit is what I run. That with an ECU adjust, and you should be running fine. You can always get PC111 later....$$

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Big Shots will be good for an increase in both HP and torque. Nice thing about the Big Shots is their 2-1-2 configuration. Any engine will perform better with increased air flow. Putting on the PR air kit or V-BAK will make a significant difference. A PC III is NOT required. RSWPilot, the guy is BSing you. The stock ECU allows you to adjust the mixtures well enough for most folks. If you want the best control of the mixture over the entire rpm range you need the PC III with a custom map. Do NOT get a custom map until you are done with engine mods. It's just a waste of money cuz the map will have to be changed for every engine mod.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Air Intake. Guy on the site sells a good system, his name is Churchkey, PR makes one, and there are a few other intake systems out there.

This is the link to Church's system.http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8318

You can look in my gallery to see it installed.

The passenger pegs can be lowered. Yami makes a kit, a guy on the site makes a nice system as well, stainless is his name I believe, or you can give it a go yourself.

I don't know what you consider a 'great' increase in power, but with the stock air gone you will absolutely know the difference.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Don't for get rhe crush seals for the install of the pipes. Most of the time they are needed and the shop salesman forgets to tell you and you have to wait another 4 days to get them..

·
Registered
130 Posts
My dealer told me the same BS. I first tried the Roadhouse Slip-On, ran fine with no PC111 or ECU adjustmeent. I now have the Big Shots & AIS Blockoff, runs Great with no adjustment, the Plugs are a nice light tan color.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I bought my '05 with the Big Shots already installed. The dealer said it was fine without the PC111. The wheels were already chromed when I got it. I think it was really set up for one of the managers but the salesman didn't know it and sold it to me.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I put the first 3000 miles on my bike with Bigshots and no ECU adjustment. No harm done.
I've put over 17,000 additional miles on mine since I installed the Barons BAK with the ECU adjustment.

So, how's the bike running? Great!
Just replaced the plugs for the first time this week. They looked real good. In fact, if I hadn't already bought the replacement plugs I'd have put the original ones back in. All but one still had fairly sharp edges on the center conductor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all your help. I just ordered the Yamaha Competition Velocity Stack and the Speedstar Air cleaner to accompany my Big Shots. Any experience with those? My dealer gave me a deal on them plus he's got it on his warrior. I am going to wait with the PCIII like Oldman recommended.
While I am doing all this (intake, exhaust, ecu adjustment), should I consider any other mods?

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
I don't know if your going to be happy with the yamaha Velosity stacks because of the filter (or lack of)they give you with it. You will need to go with a better filtration system for street riding. Look at my images and see what I did if you like it go for it. Its the UNI Filter 3" x 6" collapsable filter. Some people use the K&N but have issues with the fit on the front stack and issues with them coming off due to tighting problems. Mine works great and is a very easy install. I say very easy because I did it and it would have to be easy for me to get it done. I have the complete stage 4 with bub reinharts for pipes and no PC3 and it runs fine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts