Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my mods:
Samson Shogun GPs
PC III USB
Barons BAK
Yamaha Fat riser bars

I am a newbie in the truest sense of the word... but I've been doing a lot of research on this sight and feel confident I get through the installation, I think. Anyway I'll post pics as I work. By the way I got my stuff a phat perfomance parts (5% discount for rswarrior members).

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Welcome and congrats. One word of advice, though. See if you can return the Baron's BAK, and get yourself the Churchkey BAK, or PR's BAK. You will get much, much better results with these kits rather than Baron's BAK.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RaySDF, thanks for the info on the Baron's BAK kit. Parts have already been shipped, maybe a return is possible though. Out of curiousity what's the diff?

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
cdells, with the baron's BAK, the biggest benefit is aesthetic, (it relocates the cooils under tank). The PR unit, and the Churchkey unit, the main benefit is PERFORMANCE. The performance difference between the PR/Churchkey & the Baron's unit is night and day. Hands down, if performance is what you are looking for, then PR or Churchkey is what you are looking for. The Barons unit just mounts K&N filters right on the throttle bodies. The other two more performance oriented units have velocity stacks/runners in between the throttle bodies and filters. Because of this, you get much more performance out of them. You can even make one yourself:

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37920

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an update... I got the mods and did all the work myself! I have never worked on a motorcycle a day in my life so I was a little worried about the BAK install, but with everyone's help the job went off without a hitch (in all fairness it did take me about 12 hours to do..did I mention how nervous I was). Thanks to everyone for the advice and their great posts (Redhorse and Shaq especially). I put this in the welcome mat so any other new guy could see that it is possible to get mods on your bike without being bent over at a dealership. That being said... I did have problems getting the tips on my Ground Pounders, anyone have any tricks? Should the last thing be a seperate post under tech discussions? Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts