RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've been looking at warriors for about 2 years now and now that I've gotten out of the army, my new target is a bike. I'm actually making enough money now to buy one, so's I shall within the next 2-3 months and I need some input...

My first prospect is an '05 midnight with 680 miles on it. All stock and the guy did the 600 mile service, no problems. He's moving to Germany and didn't really want to take it with, so he wants to get rid of it (its just sitting in his garage collecting dust...what a crime). He told me $9900 for it. Seems a little high to me, but then again only 680 miles on it and the first big service is done.

Also, I just moved to California and I have to consider other financial ramifications (ie-registration, license transfer, etc), but it seems to me that I shouldn't go over 10k, all inclusive outside of insurance.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Hey, welcome UN, congrats on gettin out of the ARMY and thanks for serving. Since it looks like you have some time, I'd look around some more or have the guy knock $1000 off or get one with some mods that are already on one. mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, I've only talked to him once (friend of a friend kinda thing) and he was supposed to call me back after some other guy looked at it. He lives out of state, and I can't exactly cruise by Nevada on my way home from work, so it's a tricky situation. However, he says he's extremely flexible on payment method (delayed payments or whatever need be for him to sell it), so I'm hoping I can talk him down. I've got nothing to compare to around here except dealerships, and the only 05 that I've seen (at the dealership) is tricked out with custom exhaust and a supercharger bumping up the price to a cool $20+ , so, needless to say, thats out. I'll mod down the road, but I don't need it just yet. Sure beats the dealer wanting $13+ right away, though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty sweet, wish I could find something like that out here. I've looked all over out here and no one is selling them. I'd really like to find a blacked out midnight, but the only place I find anything is the dealerships.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I figured the price is a little high, but it's still pretty much brand new, from what he's saying. Although I've yet to do my own research, he says that MSRP on it with under 5k miles is like $10.5k. I'll have to verify.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just bought an 03 with 437 miles for only $7500. Perfectly clean not even a rock chip. Keep looking and you will find a much better deal. The Warrior IS the only bike to even consider. Happy hunting. And once you find it after all your hard searching, you will lover her even more. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Hey Un!! Welcome to the forum!! Congrats on your "release". I got out about 12 years ago now.

Anyway, Does the guy live in Vegas? Maybe I could take a few minutes to look over the bike for you. I'm sure its in good shape but it doesn't hurt to have someone put eyes on it.

I really don't think that is a bad price. Practically brand new, 1st service done, and over $2000 below MSRP. I looked at 2 Warriors at a dealership last week. First was a leftover '05 with pipes. They wanted $11,500 the other was a '03 w/ 18,000 mi and they wanted $8700. I think the Southwest is a little "hotter" market for these bikes. You probably could find lower if you are willing to wait. But its really comes down to YOU.

smellingawin you got a really good deal.

You let me know if you want me to take a look.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might do that, actually. He works @ Nellis and will be there until about mid-August or so. I'll let you know when he calls me back. I've actually got another buddy out there that rides, but he's into the Victorys. Thanks, its nice to have such a great welcome to the site.

·
Registered
243 Posts
First off THANK YOU, for your service.

Second, i think with you being in CA you HAVE to get another CA bike because of the emissions and such. So that is going to cut your options down quite a bit. Just keep an eye open for now and i am sure something will come up.

Try E-Bay, your local paper, and most of all here. I am sure you will find something relatively soon, but dont jump into anything until you consult us first.[^]

And $9900 is pretty high for that bike in my opinion, granted it is basically brand new...but then again it is basically brand new in the sense it is completely stock.

OHH and welcome!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! I am going to have to check into the emissions thing...while at the dealerships, none of those guys said anything about emissions issues and all had the stock can. I don't think it would be a problem, but I'll have to verify.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Glad you home and out OK! Mt son's been back a year. Good luck on the bike and I think that price is a little high also. If you don't get in a hurry you should be able to find a better deal. Welcome aboard also!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Got out?!?!? **** -- I wish they'd take me back!!!! I should have stayed in until they threw me out!

Welcome aboard shipmate.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I know nothing about pricing the bike but as you can tell alot of these guys do. The only advice i can give you is that when you do buy one RIDE THE **** OUT OF IT [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
UnNull, because of emissions, you are limited to bikes that are originally from/sold in Ca. Ca has certain emissions devices that other states do not.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
First, thanks for your service!

My brother is in the process of buying a Warrior (he's in San Diego) and he's looking at a few out of state and I brought up the issue of out of state emissions. He tld me last night that there is a limit on mileage (he's checking the exact number today) and thought it was only an issue if the mileage was LESS than 2000. Anything above 2000 and you'll be fine to register. Inspection may be another can of worms though, there were a few threads a while back form the NoCal guys with some issues.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
UN, Like the others have said. Thank you for your service. It is appreciated.

To me the price looks good, when you compare it to the price of a new one. Check around and you can find a good deal on an older one. These things are bullet proof. You really have to work at destroying one.

Welcome to the 4M, and good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I', sure glad I came to this site, because its like pulling teeth to research any info on California emissions laws. All they say at their sites is, "California is so great!! We have high emissions laws! Go us! We like popsicles too!" and other stupid stuff thats pats themselves on the back, but no real info. I sure apppreciate ya'lls input! Question: So, if the mileage IS less than 2k miles, what would one have to do to bring it up to California standard other than taking a 1300 mile detour on the way home?

Elloco, I might have to look your brother up after a while. I've only seen 2 other members mapped out to the San Diego area so if anyone knows anyone else out here on warriors, please let me know.

BTW, still haven't heard back from the guy with the bike, so maybe he sold it already. I'll give him a call this weekend and try to talk him down if not.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts