RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there isn't anything i can do to this thing to get it to latch into place short of taking out a dremel tool and a hammer. anyone else have this problem?

i edited the topic line, in case anyone was wondering

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Sounds like the same problem I had with the Mustang Vintage. Couldn't adjust a **** thing since everything was pop-riveted in place and not bolted or screwed.

Is the post misligned or is it just the latch? If just the latch you might be able to bend it into alignment. Try sitting on it to get it to latch, perhaps it needs to be worked in initially.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it appears that the latch just isn't log enough to grab the mechanism that locks it into place. i can get the post started into the hole, but no amount of bouncing on the seat will get it to latch. even if i don't hook the back of the seat, the front won't latch into place.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I Guess removing the tool kit won't help either. ****, it just sounds like the seat is not manufactured properly. Same exact problem I had, post went in but latch would not latch. Remove your toolkit and make sure your ECU is pushed down, sometimes it pops up and interferes with the seat going down.

If it still doesn't latch send the **** thing back and get a new one (and make them pay the shipping BOTH ways), if it still doesn't work, get your money back and buy a different brand.

I was so frustrated I ended up going with a Yamaha / Corbin. No issues.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Make sure all the wires are properly seated down under the seat. The ECU or any of those wires could slighty be acting like a spring board and not allowing the latch to catch. Let us know how the battle goes. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay, here's the latest...didn't want to modify the seat any to make it work. turns out the latch(on the bike) needs to be moved forward about 3/8", so i redrilled the bracket holding the locking mechanism and moved it forward(toward the tank). seat now latches into place just fine. now, here's my impression of the seat: if you have a big arse, i suggest trying one out first(which might be hard to do since there aren't many around). i'm 5'8", and weigh 200 lbs. my glutimus isn't oversized, however when i sit on the seat there isn't any extra room to move around. it pretty much puts you in one place and that's it, but, the riding position does feel better. this seat definitely gives some pretty good support for the lower back, and i don't have to reach quite as much for the handle bars. i think once i get used to it, i'll like it pretty well, but i again would suggest trying one out to see if it's a little too snug before buying one if you get the chance. as for as rear passenger riding goes, it'll probaby be an improvement over stock(what wouldn't?), however it would probably be a stretch to call it comfortable. lil woman hasn't tried it out yet, when she does, i'll post.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Congratulations Torque!! Still sucks that you have to re-drill the locking mechanism on your bike because some company that claims they make a seat that "fits" the Warrior DOESN'T.

Your a better man than I, I don't think I would have moved my latching mechanism to accommodate the poor manufacturing procedure of the seat company unless I got the seat for FREE.

If they can't make a seat that fits the Warrior, they have no business selling seats for the Warrior. Period. End of story.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you're probably right, i just didn't want the hassle of sending the seat back and forth. i did talk to the actual person who makes the seats, and he did say that they were in the process of redesigning the eyelet for the latch, apparently they've had this problem before. however, on my bike, the latch sits pretty close to the rear of the slot that the eyelet goes thru to start with, pretty much eliminating any room for error. probably what i do for a living makes me more inclined to "make things work". in fact, that's our motto!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Torque -

I just ordered the same seat last week.. When I get it I will post comments on it also.. But with my rear fender off to the body shop for fresh paint, it might be a little while..

Post some pics of it installed on the bike so we can get a look it..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well I just got my python seat and first off it is VERY comfy! But it won't freakin latch in place, same problem Torque had! So I guess I will be redrilling the holes to make it fit! But just from sitting on it will make it worth it!! It even gives you some lower back support wich I really need..

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is the lower back support for the fn toll booths or the old man? or to keep the *ss in the seat on blast off.

Sorry Rockford thaught you were from FL. gettin a little cagy here in the midwest.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
posting a pic in the gallery...well, the pic was there, don't know what happened to it. the hole centers from the old holes to the new holes is just slightly less than 3/8".

darkstar, do you have any idea what happened to the pic?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts