RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uh.......well....... I like it I hate to say, I F#$%ING like it. The dealer said they would prep one for me to test ride later in the week (none ready). I only have a year left on the Warrior, and the trade in value and such, would make a great down payment and all, and even possibly lower my payment. This is pure torture I tell you, don't do it, don't sit on one if you love your Warrior. This is driving me mad........... I need a drink........

Bob

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ya, I wanted one before I got the Warrior. Dealer did not know when they would get another one in, so I bought the warrior. They had a new 09 Raider at the dealer this weekend. I sat on it and really liked it. You sit in it, not on it like the warrior. The stock seat is 10000000 timesmore comfortablethan the stock warrior seat. However, I have really grown to love the warrior. It's simple yet aggressive lines look really good. The raider is to busy looking IMO.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I like the raider, but I'm to lazy....& poor to start over on mods.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I'm reading some of the same reasoning I was using. I couldn't convince myself soI now own a Raider. Love it.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I've sat on a raider and it fit well. I haven't riden with or on one yet. They have a demo bike at one of the local dealerships near me. However, I don't think that the raider will stand out like the warrior does.

·
Registered
19 Posts
gman said:
I'm reading some of the same reasoning I was using. I couldn't convince myself soI now own a Raider. Love it.
Ditto, I've been looking for a warrior for about 4 months now visited a few local dealers, one location was all sold out of warriors, he said have you seen the raider yet, I sat IN it fell in love, took the plunge today walked out with their last 2008 Red.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Not me. Love my Warrior. Bought me a Harley Road Glide to appease my cruiser addiction. Still convincedthe bike looks like it melted in the middle. Hate the slanted fuel tank

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
I love the Raider also, but with the mods I'm doing this winter I won't be getting one anytime soon.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I love the Raider. Back in May, I was poised to buy the first one my local Dealership had. Blue and beautiful.I walked in to seal the deal, and there sat an '05 Warrior with 3,500 miles, with tons of mods already done, for alot less money....

I left with the Warrior. I don't regret the decision. Don't think that I ever will.

I'll be happy to let them work the kinks out for a few years, and come out with all sorts of cool aftermarket accessories for it, before I take a serious look at it again.

·
Registered
207 Posts
nedreck said:
Uh.......well....... I like it I hate to say, I F#$%ING like it. The dealer said they would prep one for me to test ride later in the week (none ready). I only have a year left on the Warrior, and the trade in value and such, would make a great down payment and all, and even possibly lower my payment. This is pure torture I tell you, don't do it, don't sit on one if you love your Warrior. This is driving me mad........... I need a drink........

Bob
I have done more than sit on one. A good friend of mine has one and we switched off bikes thoughout a ride. At the end of the day I would not give up my Warrior for one. IMO the Warrior still has that performance edge and I prefer the looks of the Warrior. I'm not a fan of the huge gap above the front cylinder. I will admit that if I had originally bought a Raider instead, I don't think I'd have been disappointed at all with it. If you do still love your Warrior, test ride that Raider first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts