RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Re: Just wanted to share some pics

Nice pics!!!!!!! That's got to be some kind of record with how much crap you can pack on a Warrior. The only thing missingare the saddle bags and a kitchen sink.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

This is just a few of about 2000 pics taken on my vacation last August. I rode from Seattle to north Idaho. Thats where I met up with my father. From there we went south threw Vegas over the Hoover dam and onto the Grand Canyon. From there we went threw Roswell and the Petrified forest to Lubbock TX to see my grandpa. Then to St. Louis to see my nephew and brother. Loved the caves there. Then started heading home, going threwthe bad lands in SD seeing Rushmore and crazy horse on the way. Stayed a few nights in Yellowstone. Everyone should see Yellowstone be for they die.Then finally back toSeattle. Best vacation I ever took. The first leg of the trip was none stop for 1500 miles. The whole trip if I remember right was about 5000 miles.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

07midnite said:
Nice pics!!!!!!! That's got to be some kind of record with how much crap you can pack on a Warrior. The only thing missingare the saddle bags and a kitchen sink.

Be for we left Yellowstone I extended that tank bag to add two Yellowstone throw blankets. I could only see my rpms after that.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts

Wow!!! Nice pics and sounds like a great trip.

·
Registered
664 Posts

Wow! that's some heavy traveling man, how much time off did you take. Nice pics too

·
Registered
108 Posts

Wow thats awsome. Thats the kind of trip I would like to plan on my new warrior. maybe go with the old man or some friends. about how much did it cost and how many days was it? Looks like it was an unforgetable trip.

·
Registered
670 Posts

Not that it really matters, but what kind of gas milage do you get with all that gear strapped to your bike? It looks like all that stuff on the back would create a **** of a drag.

·
Registered
338 Posts

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have done alot of the trip you took, but in different vacations. That must have been the time of your life. Not only taking that trip, which is a grand one indeed. But taking that trip and seeing what you saw, and doing it with your Dad. KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing those with us.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

5000 Miles? How long did it take? I'll be doing a 2600 mile trip up to Colorado & back in June. Hoping to be back in 7 or 8 days.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts

That looks like a GREAT time. I am jealous.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

Outstanding. I'd love to do that kind of ride someday. How many days did you take to make all that happen? Did you stay in hotels, or camp, or?

Good pic of the bike in front of the Grand Canyon.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

The trip took 17 days. I did not calculate the gas mileage, but I only seen the gas light once. We made sure to really top off the tank, because we did not know if the next town would have gas. There was a point in Nevada that we went 135 miles and the light still did not come on. That was going 50 to 55 mph. being very easy on the throttle. The trip cost $2,000. We camped out at state parks. Stayed a night in a cabin. Couple nights in hotels. Couple nights sleeping on picnic tables (would not recommend the tables) and with family. I will post more pics later. It is unforgettable trip. My dad and I talked about going on the trip for two years, always wondering if we would be able to do it. Trip of a life time. Thanks for all the comments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Above isone of the smallergeysers in Yellowstone

Leaving Yellowstone

Future biker

This beast was with in feet of us. Talk about getting your heart pounding.

Crazy Horse

The Badlands

Inside a cave in the St. Louis area

Hotel room

Another hotel

·
Registered
498 Posts

Love the pics. makes me want to go riding but still to cold here in C.T. I started the beast today man I can't wait to ride. Also the pic. with your son is great. Good to see you are starting him out on the right bike.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

angrysal said:
Love the pics. makes me want to go riding but still to cold here in C.T. I started the beast today man I can't wait to ride. Also the pic. with your son is great. Good to see you are starting him out on the right bike.

That is actually my nephew, but your right gotta start them off onthe right path

1 - 20 of 23 Posts