RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everybody,

I designed a Custom Left Side Frame Mounted License Holder for our Warriors. I found a great Husband and Wife Team to produce them. So, I'm introducing my design to the forum, to see who's interested. They are available in flat black. Hardware and any finishing touches are your responsibility. They are made from plasma cut 10 gauge steel, per my specifications.

I created this design specifically for my bike. I like it so much, I'm thinking some of you may want one, too.

Pricing is $49.95 per unit,including shippingand Paypal fees to US locations. Send me a PM or an email if you're interested.

* All Versions Are Available For Shipment.

Payments can be sent to [email protected] via Paypal. If you don't have a Paypal account, send me a PM, and I'll give you my mailing address, so you can send a Money Order.

Lead time is 1 week tops.

*R) - I have confirmed that these plate holders also fit the Yamaha Raider! Before ordering for the Raider, please let me know that is the bike you intend to mount the plate holder on.

*CAN) - I have also started making a Canadian sized plate. (5-1/4" x 8-1/4") which costs $63.00 USD with shipping.

*RS) - My newest version is a bracket for the Yamaha Road Star. (See pics on pg. 10) (this is a modified version of the Warrior Bracket - available in all four shapes).

Here are some pics of the plate holders for you to check out...

A)

B)

C)

D)

RSA)

The response to this has been pretty amazing! There have been alot of developments along the way.

Please use the following legend when ordering your plate holder:

A) Warrior Original Radius, B) Warrior Flipped Radius, C) Warrior 22.5 Degree Vertical Flat, D) Warrior 22.5 Degree Horizontal Flat

RA) Raider Original Radius, RB) Raider Flipped Radius, RC) Raider 22.5 Degree Vertical Flat, RD) Raider 22.5 Degree Horizontal Flat

RSA) Road Star Original Radius, RSB) Road Star Flipped Radius, RSC) Road Star 22.5 Degree Vertical Flat, RSD) Road Star 22.5 Degree Horizonatl Flat

CAN) Canadian Plate Size (5-1/4" x 8-1/4"), for any of the above motorcycles. Please list the previously listed legend ID and descriptionafter this prefix.

I definately want to provide some quality service to you and thank you for all the support in getting this going. My cell # is (406) 261-7092. If you have any questions or concerns, please give a call and we'll figure it out.

Thanks again!

Justin - Justice Designs

·
Administrator
29,187 Posts
Re: "Justice Designs" Radius Side Mount Custom Plate Holder for RS Warrior

I like it but not sure if it'll work on my bike.

May I ask for a picture from the back with a plate installed? Also, with the bike upright/vertical, how many inches from the ground to the bottom of the plate so we can determine available lean angle.

With so many states in the process of making vertical plate mounts illegal, is this available as a horizontal plate with the same mount point, obviously as a flat plate tilted slightly up.

·
Registered
295 Posts

I'm very interested...just a couple questions...

1. It looks like you have a frame? What manufacture

2. Are you intending to put any kind of light on yours?

3. Where did you get the flame fasteners to mount it?

To heck with it...count me in for one, Flat black.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Arizona Warrior -

I have a pic in my gallery from the back of the bike. Lighting kind of sucks, but at least you get the point. I have it spaced from the frame 1/4", and you could do more or less, depending on how far out you want it.

I stood the bike up vertical as best I could (no one to hold it for me), and the tape is reading between 7-1/2" and 8" from the ground to the bottom. I haven't scraped it at all, and I do lean pretty deep, especially to the left (no pipes). Also, my rear end is lowered 2" over stock.

I will be designing one for horizontal application very soon, and will keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Scott,

1. No real frame. I got some plastic strips at NAPA (what you would put on the edge of your car door), and made that work for now. I cracked my plate frame when I was bending it, so I have to buy a new one, and try again.

2. I am not putting any light on mine. In Montana, we still get away with alot of stuff that other states won't stand for. If you wanted to, you could drill a small hole through the radius behind the arm, and neatly hide the wires for an LED strip.

3. I got the flame fasteners at my local Cardinal Hardware store. They have a small chrome hardware section. They are really proud of it!

I'm gonna put this out there too... I replaced the stock bolts withlonger ones, to accomodate for the washers to set the holder off the frame. Each washer is approximately 1/8" thick, and the plate holder is 1/8" thick, so I went with bolts that were a little longer than 3/8" over what is stock. Hope this helps you out. I added you to the list.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
29,187 Posts

Yes its about 11" 7.5" or 8" from the ground to the bottom bolt attaching the bracket onto the bike. But it appears to belower than 5" It appears to be about 7.5" from the bottom of the plate frameto the pavement. This is just a guess based onyour earlier pictures where is appearsthe bottom of the plate frame isnearly level with the lower chain guard. From your rear tire condition I suspect you have a lot of room left to lean (as do I these days) but members who are agressive in twisties like BaddBob and Tomasa and Scooterguy and 357 and Frankenstein and Youngja and Amospro and Alanh might rrrrriiippppthis off the bike. Just a heads-up!

I might be interested in buying just the bolted bracket portion, not the vertical plate portion. I can modify that and mount a horizontal plate that will meet the upcoming law in Oregon (no vertical plates). Plus I can plumb white LED's for a plate light and be golden. I like the bike bracket design, you did real nice work on that bro!

[added 10-26-2008] see better info in posts below!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

When I stood the bike up vertically, I measured from the bottom of the plate holder to the ground, and got the 7.5-8" measurement. The pics I have are with the bike leaning on its kickstand.

My rear tire is definately more worn in the center (going on 7K for that tire), but my wear goes out to within an 1/8" of the edge. I don't ride my Warrior as aggressively as some guys do, but that will come with time and more riding experience. I get that thing down to the point that I can't believe it's holding sometimes, and I can tell it would turn tighter and deeper.

I could talk to the crew and see if they'd send me just the mount without the radius, or you could modify the whole unit, or I could work up the horizontal version and get you some info there. Your call...

I haven't scraped the thing yet, but maybe tomorrow I'll really try to!

·
Administrator
29,187 Posts

OK I went to the garage and measured again, and my Warrior got taller overnight
the bottom bolt is about 11" and the middle of the lower chain guard is about 7.5" my bad! I corrected my dimensions above to avoid future confusion.

Oregon uses a 7" x 4" license plate, itseems to be the same in every state I've lived in.I don't know if some states have different plate sizes!Anyway, I did a cardboard mock-up and the horizontal plate will still stick out too far and it looks like a backup kickstand hanging out there in the wind.It looks great vertical. But although its only a difference of 3" it looks cruddy mounted horizontal. You definitely captured the best look for use in states that don't require the plate to be all the way at the rear of the motorcycle.

I might still be interested in buying just the bolt-plate portion. The weld-end can be cut just as shown orleft square, what ever is cheaper! Lemme know. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I did the drawings for a flat horizontal plate holder last night, and it just seems to lose the overall look of the vertical one.

I did take some pics this morning with the help of a friend, so that everybody can see the realtime clearance of this thing. My friend is sitting on the bike (200 lbs.) and the bike is vertical. The tape is reading right at 7-7/8" from the ground to the bottom of the plate holder. Please remember that my bike is lowered 2" over stock in the rear.

Here is a better shot of what it looks like from the rear view:

If you want to mount an LED kit to the holder, drilling a small hole through the right side of the radius at about center, would be very easy, and would allow you to totally conceal your wiring behind the arm and into the frame area. I would want to do this myself, if I was doing the mod, but you can let me know if you want me to do it for you.

Arizona Warrior - I will let you know how much the arm itself costs in the next day or so.

Also, I did my best to scrape it this morning, and to no avail.... I'm sure somebody could if they were really trying to lay the bike down and get one of those tank rashes... lol.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Arizona Warrior -I can do just the mount for you without the radius. $25 plus shipping ($5 Priority Mail). We'll cut it when the others are made. Let me know if you want in...

We are trying a horizontal version with the same radius. The weld will be 1" inside the radius, so the frame will stick out 6" past the frame mount arm. We'll see in the next couple of days how it looks.

·
Administrator
29,187 Posts

I'll do a mock-up this weekend. I'm going to build a tour toolbox I can bolt-on when riding distance.

I need to be sure it'll clear a 260 swingarm. The mount portion looks to be about 8" overall length, is that about right?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

It's 5-1/2" at the center of the radius from end to end. 5-3/4" at the top and bottom of the weld points.

It'll clear your swingarm, if you use washers or spacers, without any problems. I made it to end where the swingarm bows outward. I am using one 1/8" flat washer and one 1/8" lock washer per bolt, to space it away from the frame, so it doesn't rub and for visibility.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Only six more orders needed for the Group Buy... please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Tomorrow, I'm having a photography friend of mine shoot some pics of me through a set of twisties. This should give everybody a good idea of where this things at through a left side lean. I'll get pics up ASAP!!!

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
Re: GROUP BUY - "Justice Designs" Radius Side Mount Custom Plate Holder for RS Warrior

OK..put me in for flat black....if you wanna get me a set of those pretty flames bolts to go along, I'll pay for them and throw ya a couple extra bucks for a beer also..

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: GROUP BUY - "Justice Designs" Radius Side Mount Custom Plate Holder for RS Warrior

You're on Parkinglot! Those bolt covers were about $6 each... They sure are proud of 'em.

I got you on the list, Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Great Design. Put me on your list for a flat black. Thanks

1 - 20 of 274 Posts