RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I figured I would start a thread to keep track of the progress I make on this bike and hopefully get answers when questions arise. The bike is a 2002 with 23,000 miles.

I am currently wet sanding the fenders and looking at my options to remove that dent in the tank. Once that gets taken care of, I will be painting the bike black.

As far as aftermarket stuff... It looks like I have the Corbin Dual Touring seat, Bub pipes, Komine bags, Memphis windshield, and a Top Sellerie tank cover (to hide the dent). It also has a chrome swingarm, belt guard, and fender stay.

I will be looking to sell the windshield and tank cover here in the near future.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
You also have some Yamaha Star accessories..
Clutch linkage
And gear shifter
And most likely brake pedal..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, Thanks for the reply! I was hoping I could post a few pictures and someone would let me know the other stuff that is not stock.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Also u have Aftermrket front turn signals
Also believe that ur coils have been relocated.
Post pic of what's under the tank..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see what you mean about the coils. There is a relocation plate under the tank. Thank you for all the pointers!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well...the tins are now black. I used Dupli-color primer (lacquer) and Dupli-color perfect match gloss black (lacquer). Topped of with Spraymax 2k clear coat. I highly recommend the 2k clear if any of you do your own rattle can paint jobs. I attached some pics of my rigged paint "booth".

Now, all I have to do is install my new Avon grips, turn signals, and front tire. Then I'm ready to ride for the summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking good bro..
How did u fix the dent In tank

I fixed the dent exactly how you're not supposed to! I called 4 shops and 2 said they weren't interested and 2 never got back to me.

So...I took the dent and surrounding area down to metal and scuffed it up with 40 grit sand paper to promote as much adhesion as possible. Then I applied about 5 layers of fiberglass reinforced body filler (Bondo-glass).
Sanded that, then applied light weight body filler. Then I glazed a couple spots that I couldn't get well enough with the light weight filler.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. For around $100, I can't complain!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking good! I’m not sure which foot controls are on it stock or billet? Looks good either way.
Thank you! Sadly, the bike had the foot controls on when I bought it, and I'm not well versed enough with these bikes to let you know what kind they are :confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts