RS Warrior Forum banner
  • It's back! Enter your bike HERE for the Warrior of the Quarter Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Completed the Phase 1 mods for my 07 Midnight today.
PCS Roadster Exhaust

Integrated Taillight and rear clean-up
PCS Lowering Dogbones (1-3/4")
Windshield
Rear brake reservoir relocate (under seat)
Right side "coffin" cover removed & replaced with K&N filter unit
Blocked off lower air inlet (VBAK up next)
1-1/4" T drag bars
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Attachments

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,904 Posts
Buy a steel coated black, or a stainless plate with one mount hole on a tab. Or a tube mount. Put it anywhere you can get away with.

The fork or tube mount ones sometimes have fixing screws on the face that are covered by the sticker, so if it comes loose your sticker gets damaged in order to retighten. Others look like it but can actually be tightened from behind.

Tin Gas Metal Auto part Aluminium

Gesture Gadget Font Symbol Logo

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Monster Mike your Beast is coming onto focus really well. It's a nasty look. A head turner. Choose the visual on future mods carefully so you keep that going. It's actually awesome 👌
Thanks for those kind words and advice---much appreciated. Yeah--I like the functional, understated , mechanical look. I can definitely
You know what I am not sure as I took mine off the day I got it but here in Florida I don't have visual inspections. Register and ride baby.
Right on!
mess it up by trying to do too much.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Buy a steel coated black, or a stainless plate with one mount hole on a tab. Or a tube mount. Put it anywhere you can get away with.

The fork or tube mount ones sometimes have fixing screws on the face that are covered by the sticker, so if it comes loose your sticker gets damaged in order to retighten. Others look like it but can actually be tightened from behind.

View attachment 258667
View attachment 258668
Thanks for that---I'll look for it on-line

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Am I correct in understanding that the K&N filter kit is just cosmetic at this time? (blocked off lower air inlet) Q-How did you do that, materials used etc.? Did it affect performance?
Yes, the K&N in the photo is only cosmetic. I have a vague plan to make it functional in the future (maybe). This is a new bike (for me) and I hadn't ridden it very much before doing this mod but It was my impression that it experienced more popping after closing off the lower air inlet and installing the PCS Roadster exhaust. I haven't been able to ride the bike after installing my DYI lower air inlet filter because Ivan now has my ECU. All I did for the filter was to use a GOOD QUALITY covid mask. Placed it over the inlet mouth and used a 2-12" /5" adjustable stainless hose clamp to hold it in place. It's tight as a drum and will not move. I tested it for air flow using a sophisticated scientific method--(I blew through it with my mouth LOL) and found that it wasn't very restrictive at all. I told Ivan to assume the stock air system when flashing the ECU my thinking being that the engine is now flowing about the same volume of air as the stock setup. I'll post the results when I get the flashed ECU back from Ivan.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,904 Posts
Possibly the 'more popping' you hear is due to the exhaust swap. The stock trashcan exhaust muffles very effectively, at a cost that includes a couple mpg and reduced perfirmance. The free flowing exhaust let's more noise out but improves mpg once your fuel manager is applied.

Ivan's will wake-up the motor via the ecu parameters, but it doesn't do much about air:fuel management. Said another way: popping due to motor braking and other stock-parameter-settings will be gone, but some air:fuel related pop or backfiring could simply need a fuel manager. Results vary.

Still, Ivan's Warrior parameter flash is the most powerful and potent single mod for any stock warrior and nearly any modified rswarrior (turbo/supercharger generally need other tweaks).

Example 1: (a great result)

Example 2: (original rsw reviews)

Example 3: Original Learning Curve During Development:

The last two threads are long. Reading them gives tons of real world insight. But its also going to glaze-over your eyeballs. Thing is, they provide insight into what Ivan's flash on this Beast can do. And into fuel manager needs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, the K&N in the photo is only cosmetic. I have a vague plan to make it functional in the future (maybe). This is a new bike (for me) and I hadn't ridden it very much before doing this mod but It was my impression that it experienced more popping after closing off the lower air inlet and installing the PCS Roadster exhaust. I haven't been able to ride the bike after installing my DYI lower air inlet filter because Ivan now has my ECU. All I did for the filter was to use a GOOD QUALITY covid mask. Placed it over the inlet mouth and used a 2-12" /5" adjustable stainless hose clamp to hold it in place. It's tight as a drum and will not move. I tested it for air flow using a sophisticated scientific method--(I blew through it with my mouth LOL) and found that it wasn't very restrictive at all. I told Ivan to assume the stock air system when flashing the ECU my thinking being that the engine is now flowing about the same volume of air as the stock setup. I'll post the results when I get the flashed ECU back from Ivan.
Yamahauler1---I realized that I didn't really answer your question regarding my mounting method for the air filter kit. I just posted a complete description and photos in the Mods forum section. (BTW the filter kit is a Spectre Performance unit NOT K&N.)

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,904 Posts
Yamahauler1---I realized that I didn't really answer your question regarding my mounting method for the air filter kit. I just posted a complete description and photos in the Mods forum section. (BTW the filter kit is a Spectre Performance unit NOT K&N.)
The Spectre units are oiled-media like K&N but yep I too need to call 'em by their name. They seem like good quality. I keep meaning to check their catalog to see if theyj make a replacement for the discontinued K&N RC-1290 VBAK Cones. Maybe tonight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just wanted to echo ALL the positive reviews of Ivan's Flash. I have had some experience with the Yamaha V-Twins 950 - 1900 and several forums for them and the overwhelming numbers of comments are POSITIVE as is my personal experience. So anyone considering the flash it is worth every penny.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts