RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havnt been to a starbq yet. i think i want to do this one. looks like a great event. how many plan on going this year? for those that have been in the past, do the rooms book up quickly? am i too late , too early...?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You'd better book it quick! Kerrville is an excellent hub fora Southern Hill Country ride. Make sure you ride the Three Sisters aka Twisted Sisters (FM337, 336, 335). By far the best roads in the area and in the top 10 in the state. Check out my gallery, I have some pics from 337 for your viewing pleasure.

Make sure that you take it easy in the corners and watch for gravel in the turns so take your time. On Hwy 16 from Kerrville down to Medina there are some VERY tight and narrow corners. In Medina you'll can take a right on FM 337, go to Leakey and take a right on 83 then go a couple of miles and FM 336 will be on your left. Follow that up to FM 41 then take a left, go a few more miles and you'll pick up FM 335 and follow it down to Camp Wood. Make sure that you gas up in Kerrville, Leakey, and Camp Wood at the minimum.

If you can't find lodging in Kerrvile you may want to stay in Junction which is about 60 miles west of Kerrville. The ride from Junction to Hwy 290 is outstanding in the early morning. 80 mph speed limit and no one on the Interstate. Also, in Junction there is a motel names The Legends Inn. It's clean and cheap and I highly recommend it.

Have a blast and ride safe!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the yo ranch. that is the host hotel for the event. i cant wait until june. i heard there are lots of animals out on the roads at night there. is this true? i live in south louisiana and cant imagine having any more wild animals around than we do...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts