RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been trying to find a key mod for months and finally found this. I know there are many ways to mod your key other then this one. I wanted something solid with weight to it and a nice look for when its on the bikes.

I had the key cut to fit both bikes, My R6 and the Warrior. One side of the key is cut for each bike. I advise not to cut too much off the key head. I should have left 1/8" longer because I cant lock the bars if I needed to. After the key is keyed and cut just epoxy into the key cover with 2 part epoxy from homedepot.(strongest psi)

Take both different bike keys in and have them cut one side of the new key. Then when they remove it to cut the other side give them the other key (second Yamaha bike key) and have then cut to that one. Now you'll have 2 bikes keyed to one key. One side(direction) will be for one bike (warrior) and the other side will be for the other bike(R6)
Just turn the key around for which ever bike your using.

Key type- X248 YM63
I bought the key cover from Scoot works - Key Badges, Key Covers, Ignition Decorations

Another benefit I like to this is that if I forget and leave the key in the ignition and it looks like belongs there and doesn't look like my key is there.

This fuel cap mod goes well with the key mod click below -
Easy fuel cap mod

[[ UPDATED KEY MOD FOR MY WARRIOR AND ROADLINER 12/12/19 CLICK BELOW OR SCROLL DOWN TO POST 16 - ]]
---> POST 16

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, I seen some similar to those. Yours look more custom for some reason. I like them.

·
Registered
13,079 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
nice mod. does not seem too pricey and like said one key for both bikes is awesome. here are a few pics of my key blanks for my warrior
Mine's along the same lines as yours, christok. It came with the Warrior when I bought it from Jon. Last summer while at the drag races, I broke it off in the keyhole! Had a heck of a time trying to find a replacement, because I liked it so much I didn't want to have anything else.
Skull Key.jpg

I like yours too, rij1http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/member.php?u=48761, especially how it hides where the key is.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
They look very cool when they're on the bike but somebody's got to ask... isn't it rather bulky to cary around in your front pocket or on a key chain? I'm so forgetful i need all of my keys in one place but I do have a small clip on mine to hook or unhook.

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They look very cool when they're on the bike but somebody's got to ask... isn't it rather bulky to cary around in your front pocket or on a key chain? I'm so forgetful i need all of my keys in one place but I do have a small clip on mine to hook or unhook.
It is bulky but I can tell I still have it in my pocked. I also like the fact that If I forget it in the ignition, it looks like a bolt cover and not a key to where someone will get any ideas to mess with it or take the bike...

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Resurrecting this thread.

Anyone know where else to get these like mine in the first post?
Any thing simular is ok

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I got a couple more key heads for my Key Mod and fit them for both my Roadliner and Warrior on the same keys.
One cover I didn't really care for so I filed it down Started on my key head mod. It's been years but I've done one in the past but lost it.
The company I ordered my last smooth key badge has started to shut down and sold the last of the smooth chrome ones. So I ordered 2 different ones a few months ago. A spider web design one and the company logo SMC. I wasn't gonna keep the smc one though it's not bad looking so I modified it. I filled the face down smooth then polished it. What's cool about this is that you don't see a key in the ignition as it looks like part of the bike or decorative bolt cover.

I painted the spider web design black to blend in with my Roadliner.

Painted the spiderweb one gloss black.

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts