RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Remove the rubber kick stand stop, add spacers between the frame & the rubber stop to move the stop away from the frame a bit = the stand will stick out a bit more. Don't recall if you need a longer fastener or not I did the mod maybe 2002.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Like the others have said, keep it clean and lubed. Also, I had to train myself to kick out, not down, like on my sportbike.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm really glad this post was made! I normally don't have too much of an issue with the kickstand but the other day I got caught, unprepared, in a cold rain coming back from Dino BBQ in Syracuse and froze my a$$ off on the way home. Got back to the house and my hands and feet wouldn't work properly and couldn't get the kickstand down to save my life, looked like an absolute fool in the garage! Thanks for the posts y'all and i'm glad i'm not the only one.

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
I have been around here for a little while and have seen the typical kickstand extension ideas but do not remember seeing the rubber stopper ideas of either churchkey or r1j1 both of which are excellent ideas that accomplish the requirement without any modification or bolt on parts sticking off of the kickstand. I am glad i read this thread as it can come in very handy for some of my other bikes as well.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
I have been around here for a little while and have seen the typical kickstand extension ideas but do not remember seeing the rubber stopper ideas of either churchkey or r1j1 both of which are excellent ideas that accomplish the requirement without any modification or bolt on parts sticking off of the kickstand. I am glad i read this thread as it can come in very handy for some of my other bikes as well.
Its great, I use them on all my bikes. Even with the kick stand sticky you get the thing down easier.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes it can be brutal! I put grip tape on it and cleaned and lubed and it works like new..or better than new ha

·
Registered
556 Posts
only when it's wet i sometimes have some trouble getting the stand out...
my solution .. just bend down and do the 1st half with my hand.. no mods needed
most of the time it just comes out using my boot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts