RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have problems throwing their kickstand out with their foot seems like no matter what angle I go at it I can't get this thing to flip out and I have to reach down with my hand and pull it out, and if your boots are wet forget about it I'm thinking of welding a small nipple on there so will be easier to catch because this is starting to get annoying.

Thank you for your time
Duane out :D

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Very well documented problem. Check out the mods section there have been many fixes for this issue. I personally find that a squirting of WD40 lubricates it enough to make it much easier to swing out.

·
Super Moderator
2,862 Posts
I added an extra rubber cap on the rubber bumper on the frame. It kicks the kick stand out I bit more. And like mad tom said, wd40 helps allot.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks should have thought to look in popular mods

·
Premium Member
2002 XV1700PC Warrior
3,946 Posts
I did the kickstand mod from PDX Warrior :

Here's the "BEFORE"...

And the "AFTER" below...(note the grout/tile position change is about 1 1/2 tiles)

i opted to just drill out the spacers to remove the inner threads (made it a spacer). Easier to assemble.

Lock washers and blue locktight on the bolt threads. Workes like a charm!

Thanks PDX!

·
Super Moderator
7,242 Posts
I have same issue try shimimg it out with washers n not enough. Saw on here the tip of using chair leg tips so im going to try that ...i

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I used 3/4" x 1-1/2" heater hose slipped over the rubber bumper. That moved the kick stand out far enough to kick it out easily.

Used chain lube on the pivot point.

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ultra late to this party! Most are accustomed to push (with the foot, obviously) or kick the kickstand downward to open. The Warrior's kickstand has to be pushed or kicked FORWARD.
Do not lube with WD40 (not that it doesn't work but it's short lasting) use Dry Lube with Silicone instead.
Apply inside the hinge. It will leave a white dried powder. Wipe the excess and that's it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 42 Posts