RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I find if I just keep the hinge oiled it's not a problem. Probably do twicr a year.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
this might sound odd but when you go to put your kickstand down DONT try and push it down. the warrior kickstand goes OUT to the side. once you get the feel for pushing it out not down its pretty easy.

·
Registered
161 Posts
this might sound odd but when you go to put your kickstand down DONT try and push it down. the warrior kickstand goes OUT to the side. once you get the feel for pushing it out not down its pretty easy.
Took me a second to realize it goes out, not down. It's also out further than any other bike i've ever been on

·
Registered
292 Posts
I extended the the kickstand 'stop' about 1" and it's brought it out far enough to get your heel on it.
This is what I did too. Whatever else you may hear, for me, before this mod the kickstand "didn't work". Period. After this mod, it worked fine and like any other bike I've owned, I never thought about the kick stand; it just "worked".

-Bill

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mocho Warrior said it well "Most are accustomed to push (with the foot, obviously) or kick the kickstand downward to open. The Warrior's kickstand has to be pushed or kicked FORWARD"

evilrider said it as well "this might sound odd but when you go to put your kickstand down DONT try and push it down. the warrior kickstand goes OUT to the side. once you get the feel for pushing it out not down its pretty easy."

I keep catching myself pushing down getting nowhere - a change in direction of pressure and viola!

I like the suggested mods as well...

Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
also remember on a warrior the kickstand goes out to the side more than down. its natural to push down but sticking your heel on it and sliding it straight out to the side will get your stand out a lot better.

·
Registered
632 Posts
All that's good until the rain starts falling... I put non-skid tape, West Marine, on it. In the rain you can barely get a heel on it, let alone deploy it. All of the results work, it depends on how much work you want to devote to it.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I used 3/4" x 1-1/2" heater hose slipped over the rubber bumper. That moved the kick stand out far enough to kick it out easily.

Used chain lube on the pivot point.

·
Registered
837 Posts
lolz.. i find it easy with my heel, no issues.

·
Premium Member
8,929 Posts
outlawarrior ...
That's a neatly engineered set of heal/toe rider controls you've fabricated for your ride (y) (y) (y)
Still trying to figure out how you made the mechanical attachment to the splined shaft as the fastener is hidden?
Also, your shorty center floor stand support :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
outlawarrior ...
That's a neatly engineered set of heal/toe rider controls you've fabricated for your ride (y) (y) (y)
Still trying to figure out how you made the mechanical attachment to the splined shaft as the fastener is hidden?
Also, your shorty center floor stand support :)

2007 YAMAHA ROAD STAR (XV17AWW) SHIFT SHAFT

Fits right on the Warrior shaft.
Pricey but worth it, may be able to find from a parted out bike if patient.

·
Registered
391 Posts
What I had to do was secure the bike and remove the entire kickstand assembly. WD-40 would only work fer awhile.
I took the kick stand assembly apart, cleaned the grime off of every nook and cranny and used marine grease on all the moving parts.
Works as it should now.

·
Registered
2007, 1700cc Warrior Cruiser
20 Posts
Does anybody have problems throwing their kickstand out with their foot seems like no matter what angle I go at it I can't get this thing to flip out and I have to reach down with my hand and pull it out, and if your boots are wet forget about it I'm thinking of welding a small nipple on there so will be easier to catch because this is starting to get annoying.

Thank you for your time
Duane out :D
Hi..I had the same problem so I drilled the outer part of the foot of the kick stand and tapped into it ,then screwed in a Allen key setscrew, then used shrink tube on it to protect my boots.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Rudy's rubber chair leg trick took me a few seconds and cost 1.50 to do. Love it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 42 Posts