RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put anything down on the triple clamp to protect the metal from scratches by extra keys or key chains? Does everyone just have their Warrior key on their chain?

I used to fix video games and we used mylar to go over the control panels to protect them, but I dont know how that would hold up in the elements.

Cheers

2002 Indigo Warrior

·
Registered
717 Posts
quote:
Does everyone just have their Warrior key on their chain?

I always keep the bike keys by itself, hate to see the key chain flying all over the place.

GeeStar

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just the bike key and a little plastic detachable clip. Then I get ready to go on the bike I unclip the bike key from all my others and toss them on my jacket pocket. The little clips you can get almost anywhere that sells even a few keychains, they have metal and plastic ones. I prefer the metal but am using the plastic to avoid the scratches. It dances arround a little at 80+ mph but at regular speed it just lays there.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I use the key all by itself. It never is attached to my other keys. I had a little rubber key chain on there and it was fine, it didn't hurt anything and was nice and quite. But after a while I just got sick of it flopping around and catching my eye, so I now use 1 naked little key.

Sangathor
02 Metallic Blue
Cleveland, OH

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I don't have a warrior, but what works for me is a small rounded leather key fob attached to the main ignition key. Nice and soft so it doesn't scratch anything!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Single key on the Yamaha Star Logo key fob:
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessories/Con500.asp?lid=1&cid=2&mid=60&connavid=255&pid=975&in=str%2D4nk78%2Dky%2Drg%2D01%2Ejpg&pn=Star+Concho+Key+Ring

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
What the heck is an FOB???

Naked key on mine - used to have the spare key which I THOUGHT was the key for the seat....then I realized it was a "valet" key and I didn't need to keep it with me. Too late - already had a couple of small scratches that I had to rub out. Now it's naked or nothing. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
182 Posts
Bike key, plus all house and office keys attached to four hacksaw blades and a battery-powered engraver... [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif] Just kiddin' ya! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
Single key attached to nuttin'

1 - 20 of 30 Posts