RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. Most of you don't know me as it's been about 11 years since I've been around. Spent a good deal of time on hear from 2005-2009 and benefitted greatly from all the knowledge as I built my Warrior. It was a bittersweet day in 2009 when it was traded for my first Harley, but the Harley was better fitted for the longer distance rides I was doing. Fast forward to now and I wanted a second bike and found a really good deal on a 2002 Warrior. So I purchased it and came back here as I figured I couldn't leave well enough alone for long. This time is a bit different as my first Warrior was brand new and I made all the modifications to it. This one has been hacked on quite a bit and I've spent the last week just getting things that should work, working. I also had to fab a cheap license plate bracket as the previous owner just bent his plate and metal screwed it to the inside fender.
Some of the modifications I am sure of is the front end has been lowered an inch. I can even verify that by the nice dimple in the front fender. There are LED front blinkers wrapped around the fork tubes and some cheap LED strips glued to the tail light that I just removed. And the whole rear license plate/blinker mount had been cut away. It also has a power commander and Vance and Hines Big Shots, although I have no idea what tune is in it yet. Now that I have all the lights working and a place to put my tag, the next project will be to install a baron's AIS block off kit and try and reduce all the backfiring on deceleration.
that's about it. Wanted to say hi and let you know what I'm up to in case you have any suggestions for the next project.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Welcome back! Good to hear you're getting projects knocked out! Looking forward to some before/after photos to show your progress.

Things seem to be a bit different than before. I was first on here in '05 as well (just a couple months after you, in fact) and the mod scene was CRAZY busy. Now, we're all just struggling to find replacement parts that aren't in too rough of shape. There are good finds, though, you just have to be patient.

I almost feel more rewarded when I nab something I've been looking for due to the rarity as opposed to just being able to buy whatever you could possibly want. Adds a level of ingenuity when you think about having to make something work and almost everything ends up being custom. Overall, makes owning a second warrior even more exciting.

·
Super Moderator
5,744 Posts
Glad to see you back. I have a 2013 Road Glide to keep my 05 torque monster company. I like my Harley for distance riding like you said but still enjoy my Warrior. Bought it new in 2005 and no plans to ever sell it. Welcome back.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Welcome back! That's awesome to see members come back to a warrior after all these years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Frec! Thanks guys. Still a fun bike, even if I am a bit older and less flexible for the seating position. Especially this bike with the drag bars on it.

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
Welcome back, I did similar after 14 years of selling my 1st Warrior. I bought another but also ended up buying a BMW R1200RT for my longer rides and loving it. Love both my bikes and intend passing the Warrior on to my son in my Will when that day comes.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Welcome BAK! The best think I found for the decel pops was the Ivan flash for the ECU. He provides a few maps too. Read the plugs also, but Ivan's was the fix for my '03. Plenty of other mods that help the whole picture, all found here. Good luck!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.
Here is a picture of the bike the day I got it. It won't look much different as there are only a couple cosmetic changes I'd like to make. Probably the bars so it's more comfortable to ride for longer than 20 miles.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks guys.
Here is a picture of the bike the day I got it. It won't look much different as there are only a couple cosmetic changes I'd like to make. Probably the bars so it's more comfortable to ride for longer than 20 miles.

View attachment 251553
Try unclamping the risers and rotating the bars back. Then adjust the controls and should be good to go

·
Super Moderator
7,127 Posts
Welcome back from SoCal...

..............Nice score on the warrior....

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Try unclamping the risers and rotating the bars back. Then adjust the controls and should be good to go

Might not be able to see in the picture, but the bars are just a curved drag bar. If i tried rotating them the hand grips would rotate down like a cafe racer. That would be worse than it is now. :)

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Hey Guys. Most of you don't know me as it's been about 11 years since I've been around. Spent a good deal of time on hear from 2005-2009 and benefitted greatly from all the knowledge as I built my Warrior. It was a bittersweet day in 2009 when it was traded for my first Harley, but the Harley was better fitted for the longer distance rides I was doing. Fast forward to now and I wanted a second bike and found a really good deal on a 2002 Warrior. So I purchased it and came back here as I figured I couldn't leave well enough alone for long. This time is a bit different as my first Warrior was brand new and I made all the modifications to it. This one has been hacked on quite a bit and I've spent the last week just getting things that should work, working. I also had to fab a cheap license plate bracket as the previous owner just bent his plate and metal screwed it to the inside fender.
Some of the modifications I am sure of is the front end has been lowered an inch. I can even verify that by the nice dimple in the front fender. There are LED front blinkers wrapped around the fork tubes and some cheap LED strips glued to the tail light that I just removed. And the whole rear license plate/blinker mount had been cut away. It also has a power commander and Vance and Hines Big Shots, although I have no idea what tune is in it yet. Now that I have all the lights working and a place to put my tag, the next project will be to install a baron's AIS block off kit and try and reduce all the backfiring on deceleration.
that's about it. Wanted to say hi and let you know what I'm up to in case you have any suggestions for the next project.
Hey welcome back, I went from Springer Softail to my 08 Warrior and don't miss the HD even a little, I would love a second bike but if I could ever get one I think I would get a Raider to add to the stable

1 - 16 of 16 Posts