RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is usually a point early each winter when you realise which bits of kit have had it. Tuesday last did it for me - riding home in a fri**in blizzard. Got off the bike at my local tesco to have everyone stop and stare. Realised I was pretty well coated in icy snow about an inch or so thick in places. Misreably ride as I could barely wipe the visor fast enough to see where I was going. Anyway, the boots were F'all good (and took two days to dry out). Same for the gloves.

They don't make texport defender gloves anymore and as mine had had it I was usinga cheapy pair (OK in dry!?). I've now got hold of a pair of Held 2570 Freezerwinter/goretex gloves with built in visor wipe - a bit thick, but so far so good in the early morning cold.

Not sure about boots yet, but thinking about a pair of HG Rallye GTX II boots. Anyone tried these?

Alternative might be to get my old Altberg boots fixed (inner lining went so they were banished to a box in the garage)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Would like to see pictures of the bike after a snowy ride. I've been riding here in South Texas and now that I've been living here for nearly two years when I ride in in the early morning hours 37 seems cold. I feel for ya man. I bet it's pretty nasty for you.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't normally ride the bike in that sort of weather, but the forecast hadn't been too bad when I'd looked at it earlier (thanks BBC)and I'd already set out from work when it hit (about 2 miles into my 32 mile trip). Temp fell to ~24F on Tuesday night, so the next day was messed up by the usual litany ofjackknifed lorries etc. Some pics:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1081135/One-dead-thousands-power-October-snow-London-74-YEARS-Arctic-blast-sweeps-UK.htmlhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...rts-of-England-as-winter-weather-sets-in.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts