RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005, Yamaha Warrior xv1700pc
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
good day to all! there is a problem that does not allow you to sleep peacefully. when the engine warms up, a strange knock appears at the beginning of the movement. and only under load at low speeds. what could be the problem? hydraulic expansion joints? bad oil? I am filling Liqui Moly HD 20w50 jaso MA2. the valve clearances are installed according to the instructions. how can I solve this problem? I have read our forums - many people have such a problem, but no one has given a clear answer what the reason is. Those who like to laugh-just pass by. I am asking you clearly and to the point! all the best from Russia!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Hi Zakhar, do not add moly slip to your oil, I'm nearly 100% sure it will cause your clutch to slip. Frec 🇬🇧

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I would advise checking if the front drive belt pulley nut is tight as they can come loose and cause a noise when setting off from stand still. If it is not that we would need more information as to where the noise is coming from. When you rev the engine when you are standing still in neutral gear can you hear the noise or is it just when setting off. Does the noise go when you are moving. Is the noise coming from then engine. You could also check that the front brake isn't sticking, that would also cause a noise when setting off. Frec 🇬🇧

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Hi Zakhar, I didn't read your post correctly. You are OK to fill your engine with liqui moly HD 20/50. I thought your post said that you were adding moly slip engine additive to your oil. Its the additive that causes the clutch to slip. My mistake, sorry.. Frec 🇬🇧

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would advise checking if the front drive belt pulley nut is tight as they can come loose and cause a noise when setting off from stand still. If it is not that we would need more information as to where the noise is coming from. When you rev the engine when you are standing still in neutral gear can you hear the noise or is it just when setting off. Does the noise go when you are moving. Is the noise coming from then engine. You could also check that the front brake isn't sticking, that would also cause a noise when setting off. Frec 🇬🇧
it's definitely not a pulley! it's a metal clatter! there is no such sound on a cold engine! on a hot engine at idle speed is sometimes barely heard. and when you get under way from a low speed, you can clearly hear a metallic ringing, where it comes from exactly, I can't determine! rather, on the right side of the motor!

·
Registered
463 Posts
А что же подсказали те, в чьи наклейки разлепился? Чатки не спасают, видимо))) Сколь одо показывает? Может просто не твой мотор, не твой оркестр, а ты мудохаешься и технику мучаешь зря.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
А что же подсказали те, в чьи наклейки разлепился? Чатки не спасают, видимо))) Сколь одо показывает? Может просто не твой мотор, не твой оркестр, а ты мудохаешься и технику мучаешь зря.
наклейки? Кого ты подразумеваешь вообще под «теми»? Обычные пепси-кольные нашивки. Ты бы по теме лучше что-нибудь сказал. Этой техникой владею первый сезон, до этого юзал спорты, всех тонкостей не знаю, поэтому на форумах общаюсь с людьми, которые уже давно эксплуатируют warrior. Нахуй мне твои высеры не по делу?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I got rid off that metallic knocking sound by installing maxxecu ecu and andjusting ignition timing to 6 degrees from 800-1500rpm. If you have pcv you can try to retard your timing with it.

i dont know how much timing it has with stock ecu and how much you have to retard it.

I got base map from other member and timing was set to 15 btdc and there was most vacuum with that. So it was okay in theory. But piston speed slows down so much when coming up that its hammering alternator gears against crank gearing.
i first used 15 degrees and it was pretty bad when motor was hot. 10 degreed helped alot. 8 degrees i can hear it if i try to choke my bike against front brake and with 6 degrees sound dissapears. Cant make that sound even if i try.

try that and post what you find

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got rid off that metallic knocking sound by installing maxxecu ecu and andjusting ignition timing to 6 degrees from 800-1500rpm. If you have pcv you can try to retard your timing with it.

i dont know how much timing it has with stock ecu and how much you have to retard it.

I got base map from other member and timing was set to 15 btdc and there was most vacuum with that. So it was okay in theory. But piston speed slows down so much when coming up that its hammering alternator gears against crank gearing.
i first used 15 degrees and it was pretty bad when motor was hot. 10 degreed helped alot. 8 degrees i can hear it if i try to choke my bike against front brake and with 6 degrees sound dissapears. Cant make that sound even if i try.

Greetings! interesting information ... but I have PC III usb gen1 installed. in such fine settings I'm not strong :(
try that and post what you find

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ok. Maybe try to add fuel to those areas 750-1250? Or you can try to modify pick up coil or timing rotor to retard timing. But its pita.

pc3 has its own can hub and you can get ignition box to it.

And if you consider buying pcv, you should consider maxxecu mini also becouse its not that much expensive. + you can adjust everything and if you turbo your bike it makes your life so much easier.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok. Maybe try to add fuel to those areas 750-1250? Or you can try to modify pick up coil or timing rotor to retard timing. But its pita.

pc3 has its own can hub and you can get ignition box to it.

And if you consider buying pcv, you should consider maxxecu mini also becouse its not that much expensive. + you can adjust everything and if you turbo your bike it makes your life so much easier.
How much fuel do you think I need to add?

·
Registered
104 Posts
How much fuel do you think I need to add?
Hard to say. You need to try if that helps, start with +5% and go from there. Try to add fuel for those columns that cause problem.

But if you want get rid of that noise you need to adjust timing somehow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts