RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Sorry to hear….that truly $ucks….Warrior is not an easy bike to "knock over". OTOH, I've found….as others have…that Progressive is pretty good to deal with on things like this (at least in the area), so hopefully things will work out (at least as best that can).

·
Registered
993 Posts
make sure you negotiate the "Buy Back" price with them.

I find progressive to be generally ok on claims. quite often they will handle simple claims (even high dollar ones) very quickly and fairly, they also like to total the vehicle and write a check and done with it a lot. But throw them an oddball and they can get easily confused and things drag out.
what is an oddball claim you ask?
A totaled vehicle with comparatively high recovery costs. Eg: $10000 car driven off a dock on a holiday with a $5000 recovery bill.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Update: Progressive was easy to work with, settlement was fair and I was surprised to find added check for cover that was torn. Now I'm looking for a frame (prefer non salvage title) to make a father/son rebuild project. In the meantime, I'm looking at getting something else to ride. Almost pulled the trigger on another 02 Warrior but I walked away from the deal after what was negotiated by phone and text wasn't on paper when it came time to hand over cash. A sign it wasn't meant to be... My short list includes the Stratoliner, Vmax, Victory Cross Country and maybe even a Road King. Any ideas where to start on the rebuild or experience registering salvage title in VA?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
there a quite a few frames on ebay ...all in the usa....some $400 to 500 and others that are over 1000 ....the problem is you'd really need to inspect any of them to ensure no issues and have a way of checking they are square ...

i've not seen that lock frame tab welded back on ...maybe your insurance don't need it.... i hate it existing

but certainly understand where any signs of damage round the headstock area could be bad news... but really these frames don't like being dented.. so a non accident one would be safest [thinking out loud here] but they might well be the costly ones

it's good in a way to see a few for sale, will give you haggle room

good luck :)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
there a quite a few frames on ebay ...all in the usa....some $400 to 500 and others that are over 1000 ....the problem is you'd really need to inspect any of them to ensure no issues and have a way of checking they are square ...

i've not seen that lock frame tab welded back on ...maybe your insurance don't need it.... i hate it existing

but certainly understand where any signs of damage round the headstock area could be bad news... but really these frames don't like being dented.. so a non accident one would be safest [thinking out loud here] but they might well be the costly ones

it's good in a way to see a few for sale, will give you haggle room

good luck :)
I've never been able to find a Warrior frame on ebay with a title. They all seem to come with salvage paperwork (not a salvage title, which is different in most states here in the US). I was looking hard for a while when there was a 2005 Warrior for sale here in Reno for $1000 that had no title.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Update: Progressive was easy to work with, settlement was fair and I was surprised to find added check for cover that was torn. Now I'm looking for a frame (prefer non salvage title) to make a father/son rebuild project. In the meantime, I'm looking at getting something else to ride. Almost pulled the trigger on another 02 Warrior but I walked away from the deal after what was negotiated by phone and text wasn't on paper when it came time to hand over cash. A sign it wasn't meant to be... My short list includes the Stratoliner, Vmax, Victory Cross Country and maybe even a Road King. Any ideas where to start on the rebuild or experience registering salvage title in VA?
I've re-registered a couple bikes in Nevada with salvage titles. It was very easy after repairing them. I just needed to get it inspected to prove it was safe to be on the road. It was about $50 for one and $60 for the other for the inspection. I'd ask at your DMV there in VA.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The tab is actually a part of the frame. I haven't taken mine apart yet to see the extent of the damage but, here is a pic of another frame with same type of damage. I wouldn't want to ride the way I ride knowing a chunk of the frame that involves steering is missing:eek:

The best reason of all to not ride it is because I picked up this one with only 2,544 miles!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,729 Posts
The tab is actually a part of the frame. I haven't taken mine apart yet to see the extent of the damage but, here is a pic of another frame with same type of damage. I wouldn't want to ride the way I ride knowing a chunk of the frame that involves steering is missing:eek:

The best reason of all to not ride it is because I picked up this one with only 2,544 miles!
Congrats!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Insurance totaled it. I haven't looked for anyone yet who can repair. Not as pressed to do that since I scored an 05 Midnight.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
My bikes steering stop was broken off when I had my little accident back in '06. I had a new one made then had it Tig welded in place, leaving the old bearing race in place to help form the seat for the new race. The bearing race is steel and isn't affected by Tig welding, other than being ruined by the heat. There are a couple of members here that can explain the process a lot better than I.

Actually there are several other members bikes that have been repaired in a like manner, mine is one, Sangathors 02 was another that comes to mind, the rest that I can think of are no longer active on the forum. The repair on mine is so well done that if you didn't know it had been done, you would not see it. Even the inspector who did my bike for the salvage to rebuilt title had to have it pointed out to him and he still did not see the repair work just that there was no apparent damage. It is a fairly simple repair just check the frame for any more damage, aluminum doesn't bend like steel it fractures, cracks and breaks and if it does that at the wrong time it can be all she wrote for you. Good luck with it.

CAD

21 - 33 of 33 Posts