RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed a auto pvc valve were the krank vent should go seems to be fine and runs the same is their any problem in doing this over the krank vent? i figured it was better than a filter and alot cheaper than a krank vent. from what i read about the krank vent the pvc is doing the same thing. any info would be great.

Moved to technical discussion.JP

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
You mean PCV valve??? You don't need any vavle, but there are many who swear by KV and some who believe the PCV is better. Sorry to relocate your post too but this one's been done and talked about thousand times over.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive seen a few talk about the krank vent but i have not seen anyone say anything about the pcv valve other than the krank vent looks better. am i correct that they do the same thing as the?

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Ive never claimed that an auto PCV is better than a KV but it does the exact same thing at a fraction of the cost. The KV site spends a lot of time claiming how much better it is. I can say that my sub $5 investment has over 10000 miles on it. I did polish it for that custom look, I suppose I should post that in the Mod section

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
You can go either way, it's your bike. Some have done all three. I tried a metal PCV and eventually just went with a filter over the end. Others swear by the KV, you'll always know who got one too, 'cuase their bikes make a funny racket at a light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts