RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my 600 mile change yesterday. Try as I may, I still ended up scratching the transfer case cover taking off my headers. Anybody used Krylon flat black to cover any scratched on the flat black pieces on their warrior?

I don't plan on painting my cover until I get new pipes. Right now you can't see the scratches with the stock headers on it.

Still bugs me knowing they are there on my new bike.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
semperfit said:
fake said:
I still ended up scratching the transfer case cover taking off my headers.

I must have missed something, but why did you have to take your headers off?

To fill up the transfer case oil. I had no "special" tools to unscrew the filler hole, so I had to take the pipe off. Once the header was off, I just used a washer to unscrew and screw the filler hole back on.

·
Registered
383 Posts
There is a better method and it is listed somewhere on this site. Basically you spray with flat black, mist with Rustoleum black night metallic and then mist with flat blacg. It is a near perfect match.

·
Registered
75 Posts
jdm1200 said:
There is a better method and it is listed somewhere on this site. Basically you spray with flat black, mist with Rustoleum black night metallic and then mist with flat blacg. It is a near perfect match.

This method works great. It's a perfect match to factory paint. Not hard to do either. Another thing you can do if the scratches are small is go over them with a black sharpie marker. Sounds stupid, but works in a pinch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts