RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer I purchased a Honda ST1300 (which is an awesome bike) and stuffed a ton of miles on it. Having the ST has made me a little of a wienie in that when the weather isn't just right, I'll opt for the nice shield and lowers afforded by the ST over the Warrior where before the ST I would tough it out and ride the Warrior anyway.

This is not to say I don't love the Warrior, I do. But this is not the point of this message... I digress...

Guys, I have been posting the ST site as I have gotten to know the ST this year. It is informative for sure and well posted.. and now for the "But"... but that site is a dud compared to this one. The folks aren't near as diverse, nor as fun, nor as easy going as you are. Throw an opinion up over there and they can't roll with it like people here can. ****, I love reading posts from my Warrior brothers with totally different backgrounds and views. Makes the site interesting and I don't have to worry about things here cause I know we are all big boys.

One of the ST guys referred to me as an "ST brother".. well, uh no. I ride an ST, love it, but am not an ST "Brother". Those are just other guys that ride the same bike.

You Warrior guys are my riding "Brothers"... even when I ride my ST.

Thanks guys and I'm back.

John

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have had many enthusiast type cars and motorcycles, from Vipers to Prowlers and Corvettes to BMW motorcycles etc. and I found that these other discusion forums ultimatley turned into flame fests. One rude response after another. People thinking that they are being funny but actually they are rude and chasing the good people away.

I am very pleased so far with this Warrior forum. Everyone here has been extremely friendly and helpful. I rate this fourm as the best and nicest of any forum I have ever used (And I have used many)

THANK YOU TO ALL INVOLVED!

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
It's members like you guys, that make this site what it is. Thank you. How we got so lucky to have such a great group of guys, I'll never know.

Welcome back.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sangathor

It's members like you guys, that make this site what it is. Thank you. How we got so lucky to have such a great group of guys, I'll never know.

Welcome back.

Thanks! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
Oh and I agree about the site. Definately one of the best if not the best.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sangathor
How we got so lucky to have such a great group of guys, I'll never know.

Welcome back.
It's the bike man!A true Warrior sticks with like minded people![/emoticons/emotion-4.gif][/emoticons/emotion-4.gif][/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]We may argue or joke around some but if it came down to it, I think this group would have each others back!!!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
It is all you guys, especially the moderators.

I just created the possibility for this site to become what it has. Without you all it would be just another url.

[8D]

·
Registered
539 Posts
This is a great bunch of guys on this site !!!!!!!!I am now involed in another site but i keep falling asleep but they do know their stuff over there.I have a new bike but i dont think i will leave this site and i do like to think of everybody here as my brother.P.S love the patch it rocks .No other site holds a candle to this one!!!!!!!!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Carknee..

Well put.

And this IS the most informative site on the RSWarrior.. bar none.

And many friendships have been made... due to the common bond of RIDING coupled with the fact that we own the best power crusier on the planet... /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
The members definitely make the site what it is. I have also been a member of other forums, and they have been just as informative as this one, but they all lack the quality guys on this site. Cheers to us!

·
Registered
477 Posts
This site is more than just cool people, it's well organized too. Instructions and ease of use to search for particular topics makes this site rock. Not to minimize the members by any means either. I am not afraid to tackle anything on my bike because I know if I run into any issues support is just one post away. (After a search of course...) My bike is better today because others have also taken the time to document instructions, include pics, share PCIII maps and repair manuals, plus provide error code tables. Thank you all and I'd buy each one of you a beer but I am broke because I spent every last dime trying to keep up with the mod mania.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Thanks to you too John, and of course to Carknee and the Mods and to all other members (Big Hugs all round). With thanks to the creation of this site I now have a whole new family - many of whom I ride with and I party with, not to mention all of the technical hints and tips (thanks AlanH, you da man). Now 'GROUP HUG'.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
This site rocks! Without all you guys to tell me how, I'ld just have a stock Warrior. Thanks to all!!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys! Good news is that I still have the Warrior and didn't end up selling it.

You are the second member to ask about Oldman. I've been talking to him today and yesterday. He can't access the site at work anymore (blocked) which really cut him down. When he gets home he's pretty darn busy and doesn't sport the internet much. He says he'll get on this weekend and say howdie.

He's had some big health issues this year which that tough old ******* has pulled through (amazing, let me tell you). he's still struggling, but I think it is a daily struggle. Not many guys as stubborn as him, so if anyone can kick life's stumbling blocks, its Oldman.

Yup, you guys are the best. Thanks much!

John

1 - 20 of 21 Posts