RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the Kuryakyn Hypercharger, I know it would get rid of that huge ugly chrome cover thats why I want it but what does it do and should I get it?

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
The HyperCharger is way to unreliable for air intake. Great for Looks if that is what you want, but not practical for the Fuel Injected Warrior. The butterflies that open and close do not keep a constant air flow feeding into the engine, especially if you plan on keeping the air box. The warrior needs that constant in order to perform effectively. Talk to any experienced wrench they will try to deter you from purchasing the Hypercharger. It is a constant high maintenance nightmare to keep carburated engines tuned with the hypercharger never mind the fuel injected Warrior.

·
Registered
744 Posts
glad you mentioned these issues, I was looking into getting one.
Guess I should make one like the rest of you...

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
quote:Originally posted by programmergeek

what is the Kuryakyn Hypercharger, I know it would get rid of that huge ugly chrome cover thats why I want it but what does it do and should I get it?

You could install the BAK K&N's and hang the Hypercharger on for looks if you really like it. The Hypercharger thought crossed my mind as well but I won't pay a couple a hundred bux for some non functional do dad. The big problem I had with the throttle side air filter was that it stuck out so far I could not squeeze the tank with my knees. After the K&N's went on I removed the chrome cover from the stock air filter and mounted it between the push rod tubes. Sucked it way in and looks stock. I think someone posted my how to on one of the other sites. If your interested I'll see if I have it or can find it and pass it on or just repost it from memory.

Later,
Churchkey

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really wanted it for looks I hate that big piece of plastic, I mean chrome on the side and I do like the scoop look. But yea $$$ for just looks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts