RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to post this so y’all didn’t run into the same problem as me. I bought the Kuryakyn Mechanical Throttle Cruise assist for Yamahas (#6284).

What I found out was that this will only work if you have stock bars. It threads into your bars to lock in place. I have the Double T bars which I found out are not threaded.

What I ended up getting was the part #6285 instead which is a universal fit. This one spreads out internally when you tighten it, meaning it can fit in any 1” bars even if they are not threaded.

Ended up taking off, and subsequently breaking, my grips for nothing lol. Hopefully my new grip and this new part come in time to install before my trip.

·
Registered
595 Posts
FYI only …. the Warrior OEM bars aren't threaded either.
  • The stock bars have plug welded bar weights on each end countersunk approx. 3/4"
rly?? mine had bar end weights screwed in back when it had stock bars (a while ago so not 100% sure)

edit: grew less sure so i checked.. as i should have expected Alan was right no threaded ends on our stock bars.. i must have mixed up my bikes in my mind.

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
The one you bought fits some Road Star models having thread-in's. Its yet another case of confusion. It nips at all of our heels every time we buy bits. Lot of vendors are clueless but Kuryakyn got it right in this case. Lots of us learned the hard way to look for RS Warrior fitment, and plus to check the Yamaha parts website for disassembled views, and even to poke around this place because a couple sets of eyes is good for all of us. No worries, glad you found something that works. I will have to check out that part number!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts