RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Thanks to abomb1 for the side bracket part# for a v-star 650. I'm not a fan of either sissybars or windshields but I broke down and installed both, 1 for her and the shield for me. I feel the Kuryakyn raptorbar is one of the better looking options. I still have to trim the excess metal around the fender struts. Sorry for the bad pics, but I was too lazy to wait till daylight. The raptorbar worked great on our ride from Ocala to Sanford for the bike rally.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The shield really looks great as well. Which shield did you go with? I am looking for a second option to my Boulevard shield.

Greg

·
Registered
670 Posts
Neither one looks right on a warrior. Windshields and sissy bars arenot for sport cruisers. It's a shame to see a warrior destroyed in this way. It's like putting saddle bags on a crotch rocket.It's just not right;

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Scoper50 said:
Neither one looks right on a warrior. Windshields and sissy bars arenot for sport cruisers. It's a shame to see a warrior destroyed in this way. It's like putting saddle bags on a crotch rocket.It's just not right;

Dude, you never have anything good to say, do you? Why can't you keep it to "Nice job, not my style, but glad your happy"?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sharp said:
Scoper50 said:

Dude, you never have anything good to say, do you? Why can't you keep it to "Nice job, not my style, but glad your happy"?

Yeah, your right. I don't mean to sound like a jerk. I'm just saying what I think. I'm not really one to hold my tounge. I kind of find it hard to believe that not a single person here agrees with me though

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to you guys who liked it. As far as Scoper 50 goes, I'm not crazy about adding either one to my bike but when you go on longer rides with a passenger, it pays to keep momma happy. And yes, saddlebags are next, with easybrackets of course.

greggsworld-- I bought the shield from a buddy of mine for $50. Its a Hellcat, I can't remember who makes it, maybe memphis shades....

arizonawarrior-- Yes, I drilled2 new holes higher and farther forward than the existing holesto get the sissybar as far back and leaned as possible. Its possilbe to use the existingfront hole and just drill one hole in backbut you can get approximately another 1 1/2" or 2" more room for the passenger by drilling all new holes. Now I just have to finish cutting them to fit the fender stays and possible powdercoat.

My girl was happy with the bar and the windshield height worked well for me as far as windbuffeting.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I'm not one for either but they do look good if thats what you need on your bike. No sissy bar or windsheild on my bike.Wife says the same,they dont look right.I enjoy the freedom of the wind in my face.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts