RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 135 Posts

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
How ya' been?
Honestly I don't think it will ever happen. I think it would be more then a simple bolt on and require a chain drive and a couple other things and it's more then most would want to do and the price would probably be crazy expensive. This next winter I will try and find a stock bike and see if I can pull it off but it really looks as if it will be a one time deal unless someone brings me a handful of cash and leaves there bike with me for a month or two :D
How much is a handful?:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well Kyle, I ordered your 280 kit and have 6 degree trees being put on now and Christok rear fender. Its going into paint next week (viper gts blue pearl)! Looks like it will be done on time and I thank you very much!!!! Will have pixs up soon, and the wife says the dog is awesome!

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well Kyle, I ordered your 280 kit and have 6 degree trees being put on now and Christok rear fender. Its going into paint next week (viper gts blue pearl)! Looks like it will be done on time and I thank you very much!!!! Will have pixs up soon, and the wife says the dog is awesome!
I am excited to see the Paint, well the entire bike! My phone died while we were talking but I rushed and made it to UPS a few minutes before they closed. Let me go get some food "In My Belly" and I will send over the tracking info.
And Yes my little dog is pretty Awesome:D

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
You are obsessed with that carbon fiber water transfer stuff man. But the thing is your bike looks sooo good with it and you have built it up perfectly for everything to match and look awesome.

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Caught up on all my work so new pictures of my bike are coming. Sadly :) I will not be using the single sided arm on this one. The weight was more then I wanted as I am tring to keep it light as possible. Also got my forks dialed in so I will not have to run custom or extend mine due to the rake. Last thing was not being able to use the stock pulley set up, even with my shortened frame and an extended belt I could not get this to work. I also am wanting to just push forward so I decided to just move ahead and will look into this again at a later date, for now I built a big offset pulley so I can run a 280 tire perfectly centered in the frame. Hope to post up something by the end of the week if welding and fab work go as planned this week.

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
Caught up on all my work so new pictures of my bike are coming. Sadly :) I will not be using the single sided arm on this one. The weight was more then I wanted as I am tring to keep it light as possible. Also got my forks dialed in so I will not have to run custom or extend mine due to the rake. Last thing was not being able to use the stock pulley set up, even with my shortened frame and an extended belt I could not get this to work. I also am wanting to just push forward so I decided to just move ahead and will look into this again at a later date, for now I built a big offset pulley so I can run a 280 tire perfectly centered in the frame. Hope to post up something by the end of the week if welding and fab work go as planned this week.
Hey Kyle,do you have 6 or 7 degree trees with your neck rake job or is it stock trees?It looks like you extended your stock forks a couple of inches.

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
@Gilly stock trees, extended forks

@wolfmanheart yes that was the start of an underbelly 954/929 exhaust system

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
@Gilly stock trees, extended forks

@wolfmanheart yes that was the start of an underbelly 954/929 exhaust system
Thanks Kyle,I am very curious as to how it handles with just the neck rake.Just about everybody i talk to about raking a bike recommends raked trees with the neck rake to get the trail to work right,so i am looking forward to your review.Nice job on everything,as usual.

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Gilly,
Yeah trees are the way to go but my build is a little "old school in some areas" :0)
Lots of older builds would push the limit with rake only, even many new customs. From what I am told by a guy who has done tons of them is there is a limit and there will be some drawbacks, but if you are bar hopping of show stopping there will always be some negatives to wild things. I myself was going to do what is referred as a mutant build. These are not the most comfortable or user friendly but it has a great look and stance and I have other bikes so I wanted to push myself and do something that to me is really cool and different and that hopefully nobody will ever try to copy or wouldn't want to..HAHA I am really happy with the current stance and for a while was fearful I would never get it to sit how I wanted or invisioned.

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
Gilly,
Yeah trees are the way to go but my build is a little "old school in some areas" :0)
Lots of older builds would push the limit with rake only, even many new customs. From what I am told by a guy who has done tons of them is there is a limit and there will be some drawbacks, but if you are bar hopping of show stopping there will always be some negatives to wild things. I myself was going to do what is referred as a mutant build. These are not the most comfortable or user friendly but it has a great look and stance and I have other bikes so I wanted to push myself and do something that to me is really cool and different and that hopefully nobody will ever try to copy or wouldn't want to..HAHA I am really happy with the current stance and for a while was fearful I would never get it to sit how I wanted or invisioned.
I got you,i just wanted to make sure the info i got was legit.The bike definitely is going to look good.Looks like it's going to have a nice looking stance.Can't wait to see it finished.

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Oh yeah Gilly I understand, there is a limit that the bike can take and still be super street-ride-able I am told around 8-12 in the neck and 5-8 in the trees also ride heigh front to back comes into play. I know I have been on an old school chopper with all the rake in the neck but it also was a true chopper with extended forks and mini apes, lower in the back then the front. It rode pretty awful for a daily ride but you could still manage if that was your thing. I am hoping to get my bike to a point were I can ride and still do things but also sure I will have to muscle the bike around a good amount to be able to do this. Plus handling is just not gonna happen, I really wanted something different but still have Warrior DNA. This is kinda funny, and will make some say what the F! I even set a cbr1000rr motor inside the frame at one time :0)

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Thought so...I sold the Titanium 954 to get the Warrior I have now...:D

I will post some pictures soon of one I just did, single sided swingarm with a fat tire, and underbelly exhaust and a really sick moto gp custom shortie exhaust also. Really clean and same as your old bike. Was really fun to do and looks great for an affordable custom rocket.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sweet!! Can't wait to see it.
Nothing like riding that bike through the North Georgia and North Carolina Mountains!!! :eek:

I will post some pictures soon of one I just did, single sided swingarm with a fat tire, and underbelly exhaust and a really sick moto gp custom shortie exhaust also. Really clean and same as your old bike. Was really fun to do and looks great for an affordable custom rocket.

41 - 60 of 135 Posts