RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My understanding was the recall would be completely covered including the labor to perform it? I am mis-reading some of these posts here? My local dealer said nothing about a "labor" charge, just the waiting list...

Anyway, I cannot say how great this site is. The information, the links... everything. I am moving forward with the class action suit, the letters to Yamaha, magazines and the NHTSA. I wish the best for you all!

P.S. I am riding the warrior anyway. If something happens then hopefully my 15+ years of riding experience will save my ass!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
You do not have to pay for labor. The greater question is if the repair labor is covered under a warranty. (90 days or whatever) In other words if they don't torque something down right and something breaks, do they have to repair it under their repair warranty.

From what I read in appears that in some states labor has to be covered, no matter what Yamaha says. Repairs must be done in accordance with acceptable standards, professional guidelines, etc. Some states have ruled that the "implied warranty of merchantability" applies to services (which would include repairs)

Ask your dealer what their warranty on repairs that include parts/u] is, ask if its a full or limited warranty, and if they have that in writing (important), and especially ask if they perform repairs "as-is" or "with all faults" (ask if thats in writing). Then you can research the laws in your state.

In California, repair work does not have to be guaranteed: "A repair shop is not required by law to guarantee its repair work, but many shops do guarantee some of their repairs. If work is guaranteed, it must be in writing..."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts