RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I really need to get my recalls done, but with horror stories (and the horrible local dealer) I have been waiting until I can get somebody reliable to do it. I also need to get a custom tune for my PCIII. There hasn't been anybody within 3-4 hours of me to get it done is the last several places I have lived. That being said...

I swear my bike has been running richer and richer over the last year. I have also noticed in the last few months that my bike is stalling (what I suspect is TPS related) a lot more...pretty consistantly now. Does anybody know if these could be corrilated? Maybe the TPS tells the PCIII where on the map it is?

Not too long ago, after my move, my plugs were so caked with carbon that they wouldn't even spark. I need to get something done about this soon. I am going to have to break down and have the recalls done here...just for safety (had a close call the other day because of a stall).

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I think it may be more the map you are running thats too rich. When I had my TPS problems was normally within the first few min.'s of riding. It is fairly common as you would come to a stop sign and it would die. After the restart in wasnt an issue untill the next time I had a cold start. If you are just cruising down the road and you have it die, then I would be more inclined to feel it is the CPS. But still the air/fuel and carbon issue is more then likely the map on the PCIII.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
lowriderdog37 said:
I know for sure the map is rich, it just seems like it's been getting worse as time goes on.
Which could be carbon build up on your valves, piston heads and ports. Have you ever tried seafoam or Ring Ping. Both help remove build up inside the motor plus clean the injectors. Its a cheap thing to try and mix it just a little heavy and run it through a couple of tanks. Maybe you will see an improvement untill you can get your map.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
lowriderdog37 said:
I know I really need to get my recalls done, but with horror stories (and the horrible local dealer) I have been waiting until I can get somebody reliable to do it. I also need to get a custom tune for my PCIII. I am going to have to break down and have the recalls done here...just for safety (had a close call the other day because of a stall).
If you're talking about Family Powersports you definitely need to document everything. I'm currently helping a friend from another website get a warranty claim resolved. They were unwilling to cooperate until I emailed them. Now they're falling over each other just trying to get this guy taken care of. If you run into any problems let me know. They probably know me pretty well by now . . . . . . . . . and so does Suzuki.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
independent_lemming said:
Which could be carbon build
up on your valves, piston heads and ports. Have you ever tried seafoam
or Ring Ping. Both help remove build up inside the motor plus clean the
injectors. Its a cheap thing to try and mix it just a little heavy and
run it through a couple of tanks. Maybe you will see an improvement
untill you can get your map.

It's funny you said that..I just put seafoam in a fresh
tank of fuel yesterday, not the bike isn't running at all. I am
assuming at this point because I rode for about 10 mi. I started the
bike this morning to go to work, make it out of my apt complex, then it
died. I had to jump it it off my car, and it runs as long as I am
holding the throttle down, but it's firing off* and smoking a lot. I
am going to drain some of the tank and replace the fuel then go from
there.

Pep said:
If you're talking about Family Powersports you definitely need to document everything. I'm currently helping a friend from another website get a warranty claim resolved. They were unwilling to cooperate until I emailed them. Now they're falling over each other just trying to get this guy taken care of. If you run into any problems let me know. They probably know me pretty well by now . . . . . . . . . and so does Suzuki.
I actually just moved here a few months ago. There is a Yamaha (and John Deer) dealer here, I think I am going to go there. I was going to go to Family Powersports to get my custom PCIII tune but they "lost" their licsense for their dyno, so I am waiting until June until I move again. I was going to wait to get the recalls done too, but I think they need to get done.

Thanks for the warning about them, I'll pass it on.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
couple of thoughts;

- Have you tried to run one of the maps that can be down loaded from this site? based on your current mods you "can" try other maps and see how you make out.

- I am running a modified version of amospro's map which runs AWESOME I must say. I tried several maps until I hit the one that gave me the best results. If one map is way off, roll back to your original and keep trying til you hit the right one.

- I'm thinking (like others) that the TPS wouldn't be causing that huge buildup of BLACK on the plugs. I'd think the TPS would be causing idle issues, revs and or stalls.

- check your pc3 and confirm it's settings for the low, mid and high rpm range. I suspect maybe they are all in the +++ range so you are constantly dumping fuel into the beast. It was suggested to me to set all 3 levels to "0", in other words, low, mid and high range when checked, the little reader bar or digital indicator should be set to zero as a base line. Then in the hotter weather, you can bump each of them a bar or 2 to compensate for the heat, and vs. vrsa, remove a little and run a little leaner when it's cold out.

It's been working for me very well.

- get some SEA FOAM, clean out those injectors. Then throw in a set of new plugs, consider a map from here on the forum.

take it a step at a time. lots of sharp techs here on the site that can walk you through this stuff.

good luck brother!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was wrong, I swapped about half of the fuel, but I was still having problems. I checked then swapped out the horrific plugs, then it started right up. After a bunch of searching, then a drive to a few stores for the adapter, I checked out what was on my PCIII map. Turns out there was NOTHING. Not even 0's...just nothing. I had some battery problems a while back, I am guessing it cleared out then. I downloaded Darkstar's map and loaded it, we'll see how it goes for a while.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Wow, they normaly hold what was last programed or go to default... I hope that does it for you, no telling what your ECU thought of a nothing map...except for the apperant. Dump more fuel..lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts