RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a 21 inch on the stock raked front end? does anyone have a larger than 21 inch on the 6 degree trees? they make a 23 inch now ! pics? i want to get some wheels but im not sure what direction i want to go yet.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
There are a couple of people on here running a 21" wheel with stock length forks. "midnightrun" comes to mind. You might notice he is running no front fender though. Front fender casualty is high running a 21 with stock length fork tubes. If you hit a hard bump it will nail the bottom tree. Here is a pic of my bike with Mortons 7 deg trees w/ 2 inch fork tube extensions and a 21"wheel. Tire size is 120/70/21. These pictures are pre-frame rake.

By claypool782, shot with DSC-T300 at 2008-08-28

By claypool782, shot with DSC-T300 at 2008-08-28

So you can imagine if the fender was 2 inches closer to the bottom tree.

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey I have a 21in on the stock rake,but can not run the stock front fender with that though. the only down fall to not having the front fender is when it rains, the wheel has a roster tail and you are in the path way so you get drenched. but other than that it look really cool. take a look at my gallery .

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have had the 21in since i have had the bike so I don't know how the stock set up handles but I know that it handles great with the 21in

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i followed the link. thanks. i was hoping you might have a little more info. i used the calculator to try and get the set up right but i was unable. what combination of wheel/tire/ fork length do i need to retain the stock trail? it doesnt have to be exact but i would like to stay close.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
You will never get even close to stock trail with raked trees without raking the frame. The whole reason for raked triple trees is to lower your trail #'s after they go up from raking a frame. Anytime you put raked triple trees on a Warrior without cutting the frame your trail is going to be in the 1-2 range.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
isnt the minimun suggested trail 4 inches? it think i need to ride a warrior with raked trees before i do it. i would be very upset if my street carver turned into a turd in the name of good looks...and they do look good. i think i will start by modding the rear of the bike first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the 21in since i have had the bike so I don't know how the stock set up handles but I know that it handles great with the 21in
What front wheel did you use? is it off of a different bike or is it a custom wheel and do you still have to dual front brake setup ?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sadly "the monster" was stolen years ago. I ordered a 21inch from SMT machining. they make custom wheels specifically for the warrior. I kept the duel front brakes. it bolted right on without issue and rode awesome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts