RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if im the only one, but i hate when it a topic shows up as a new post in it (when doing active topics) and its just someone fixing their spelling or a mod changing something. IT super sucks on multipage ones. Anyway to not have this ? (assuming im not the only one being a lil bitch?)

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I've noticed the same thing... you'll always have to go back and look for the eidted by: and teh date to see where the post was edited... then you don't know what or why it was edited... ??

{EDITED CONTENT HERE}
Rob, Monstr:
This is a prime example of what slothy and I are talking about. It will show that I was the last person to post in the ACTIVE TOPICS yet when you open the thread, slothy is the last peron posting in the thread. You guys would have had to look back to a post made by me and then, unless you knew what I had said earlier in the edited post, it woudl only show as
edited by rrufast 10:30am 12/30/04 <or something to that effect>

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
are you refering to the 4 days worth of threads showing up as "active topics" even when they havnt been posted in for days(showed up as 4 days for me anyways)? I know Carknee is being made aware of that issue in another thread. If this is the case it can be resolved by logging out and then logging back in.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mons - no, if someones edits a post, it thinks there a new post. when there really wasnt.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
like my sig size post - goto active it shows up as active even though i just edited it

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya but it when bumps up a 3-4 page post becuase they edited a spelling error blah blah. My take on it, if your changing something worth note'n - make a new post in that thread stating that.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Yes, it's alyways been that way, both on this forum and every other forum I've ever participated in.

It doesn't bother me, per say, I was trying to give an adequate explanation to Rob as to what we were talking about...

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
A change is a change whether it's and edit or a new post. An edit may be something unimportant like a typo fix or it may be something critical, like a time or meeting change, etc. I'd rather waste a few seconds on a typo than miss something important.

BTW, if you click on the little blue arrow next to the members's name, who posted last, it will take you to the post that activated that topic. This works whether it was a new post at the end of a 10 page thread, or if it was the 3rd post down on the 6 page.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Thanks Sangathor. I was getting ready to say "no, it's not a debate between whether or not an Edit warrants a topic being Active or not - it's how to know WHICH topic was actually modified and WHAT was actually modified in the ACTUAL post."

But you answered the question. Let me pose another. Is it possible to insert an "Edit with Quote" option for the original postee (or something like that) that allows us to edit our original post but have the changes show up differently - different color, different size, etc - than the original text? This allows everyone to know what information is now in that individuals thread.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
quote:Is it possible to insert an "Edit with Quote" option for the original postee (or something like that) that allows us to edit our original post but have the changes show up differently - different color, different size, etc - than the original text? This allows everyone to know what information is now in that individuals thread.

The person editing can change color, font, size, etc of all or part of the post they are editing if they like.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
sorta like this Paul...

quote:{EDITED CONTENT HERE}
Rob, Monstr:
This is a prime example of what slothy and I are talking about. It will show that I was the last person to post in the ACTIVE TOPICS yet when you open the thread, slothy is the last peron posting in the thread. You guys would have had to look back to a post made by me and then, unless you knew what I had said earlier in the edited post, it would only show as
edited by rrufast 10:30am 12/30/04 <or something to that effect

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quote:Originally posted by sangathor

quote:Is it possible to insert an "Edit with Quote" option for the original postee (or something like that) that allows us to edit our original post but have the changes show up differently - different color, different size, etc - than the original text? This allows everyone to know what information is now in that individuals thread.

The person editing can change color, font, size, etc of all or part of the post they are editing if they like.

pffft like that will happen. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]. Anyone up for a game of online checkers?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts