RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Warrior and wanted to get another set of wheels for it. Are the rims all interchangeable? Or is there different axles and spacing with the newer models?

Much appreciated

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
I've put early Model 3 spokes on my 08. No Problem, Everything on the rear swaped straight across. On the front I had to retain the 3 spoke front brake rotors.

So I'm pretty sure 5 spoke wheels will work on the 3 spoke bikes.

G

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, so the rear sounds the same.. But if i wanted to change the front i would need to grab the rotors as well? Nothing is different as far as the caliper location? Done it with a couple other bikes I've had .. This sounds a bit easier then those. Thanks again. I was hoping to get a set of 5 Spokes and powdercoat them.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Five spoke wheels will fit.
The front rotors are not interchangeable.
your calipers are ok though.
Rear disc has the same part number for an 02 and an 07 5el-2582w-00-00
Rear hubs appear to have the same as well 5PX-25366-00-00
The pulleys should then be interchangeable, look different though.
I would post a trade on the forum.
Many members with five spoke were offering up a trade for the three spoke recently

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
yup, what ever front rim you get just make sure you get the same rotors. 3 spoke wheel=6 bolt rotors, 5 spoke wheel=5bolt rotors. Diameters of the rotor and everything else is the same.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ok.. So its just the bolt pattern of the rotors? But the rotors are otherwise the same in diameter and thickness? Thats great.. Thanks for the info everyone!

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I think if they change the diameter at all it was like 2mm- 298 vs 300 or some thing like that. Which would only give you a 1mm decrease/increase in clearance to caliper.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts