RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been about 20 years since I last painted this shattered glass look but I havent seen anyone else doing it lately so I though I'd do up a soft tail Harley tank with it and forgot how much I like the looks of it! I may have to incorporate it on one of my bikes when I repaint them! Let me know what you guys think!

Insert Image:

69.44KB

Insert Image:

59.29KB

Insert Image:

71.25KB

Insert Image:

57.01KB

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
WOW! You got some mad painting skilz! It really doesn't matter what you paint as opinions on styles will vary. However, the skilled artist will make whatever style look stunning! That's the sign of a true craftsman![8D]

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Marc,
It looks kinda flat, or lacks the correct depth. ...Not that I can even come close to attempting anything like that! Keep up the skillz work![8D]

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by JPWARRIOR

Marc,
It looks kinda flat, or lacks the correct depth. ...Not that I can even come close to attempting anything like that! Keep up the skillz work![8D]

Ya it is kinda hard to see the detail in the pics.......for some reason.....maybe not a good enough camera.......it does look different in person.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
I like it Marc, like the overall effect that the colours have too. I've never seen that effect done before,

It's a real shame the way that photos rarely give the true picture of a good paint job. When my artwork was finished the artist sent me some snaps by email and although I was pleased I wasn't blown away, when I arrived at his studio and he unveiled my tank and fenders I couldn't believe the difference, the blues were just stunning, changing colour at the move of a head or change in light, it really did blow my socks off.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]Love the effect all it needs is a fist coming out of the broken glass to finish it off imho[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
ouch, dangit, just cut myself!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts