RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the PCIII, PR BAK & AIS B/O.

I'm in the middle of the LED taillight swap (it is currently removed, if that matters).

Turned the bike on for the first time and it seems to be idling high (about 1250-1300rpm). I manually adjusted the idle down with the thumbscrew.

I have not even plugged in the PCIII to the computer, just dropped it fresh out of the box. I assume it is not doing anything right now.

The idle used to drop off about 5-10 seconds after starting the bike, it doesn't do that anymore. My guess is that the LCV is either not working, or the PCIII is doing something.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I think the map that is installed on the PCiii is the "zero-map" meaning that it doesn't change anything. The change in your idle could have been affected by the removal of the light (change in load to the ecu- I ran into some rough idle problems before I put the load equalizers on after doing the LED fronts. The LCV would bump the idle up so it is doing its job.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I agree with D-Mann. The idle is above what the LCV is providing for the few seconds at start-up. Manually lower the idle and you should begin to notice the LCV coming back into play again.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Mine did the exact same thing when I built my BAK idle went to about 1200 rpm and didn't drop, adjusted it down after it warmed up and all is well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts