RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to do the BAK mod and I am wondering about removing the LCV. I have read earlier posts on this and I want to know if anybody is still running with out it, and if there is any problems created by running without it. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I know people who run without the LCV with no problems. You just have to hold a bit of throttle for a short while after starting. Mine was a bit of a biatch without it so I put mine back on but inserted a restrictor in the tube to reduce the effect. It did not like the sound of the engine reving after starting.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I am going to give it a shot and take it off and put it in the corner with all the AIS and airbox parts.

Thanks Badger

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Linear Control Valve. Its function is to control the engine rpm on cold start, while keeping the revs up for a fast idle.
I would not remove it... unless I live in California or Florida. You will play with the LCV when you plan to do your BAK, Chris.

Daboy, if you decide to remove it, make sure you fill the electrical plug with a ton of dielectric grease and seal it properly with some isolant material. Removing the LCV will not improve nothing to the engine running and it will not reduce the popping, if that is your concern. In fact, once the engine is warm, the LCV sensor is turned automatically off. That's the reason why I don't understand why you plan to remove it.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I won't throw it awayso if I have a problem with out it I can allways put it back on. Trial by error I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts