RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I managed to get my new handle bars on yesterday rode it home from the shop and everything was fine~!

Today I goto take it out and one side of the LED breaklight / Running light's isn't working. All turn signals work front and back only thing that isnt lighting up is half side of the red running light or break light etc. I'll include pictures. Could these just be a pinched wire somewhere ? or suggestions would be great it's not the fuse I don't think because the turn signal still works on the side that isn't red.

Including images
This is while it's running

Right turn signal / No red running light on left side

Left turn signal right side red running light on

Suggestions ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me include that I did installed an HID conversion in the head lamp maybe it's applying pressure in the head lamp somewhere ? Is that possible.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The LED integrated signals tail light most likely has a cracked solder joint. The clear lens can be coaxed-off which requires a bit of careful cutting. After solder repair the lens is re-attached with good clear silicone adhesive caulk.

Try a search for 'integrated tail light repair' or similar.
So basically the board has a bad joint / cracked / Broken ? Nothing else could cause that ? I just took apart the entire front end checked all the wiring and nothing is loose / decaying.
I looked up under the rear end where the wires come out its a botch job by prior owner but the wires are making contact.

Another thing I've noticed is the turn signals are not blinking fast assuming its from the board on the tail light then ?

I'm just going to order this smoked since the one on it is clear

Should wire right up right ? I don't want to bother with trying to fix the led board tbh

Thanks for the reply !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lots of guys here buy that blaster light and seem happy. Be certain you clean-up the wiring and protect against corrosion so the LED's have long life.
Yeah wen't ahead and bought it smoked out. Was reading reviews say they are well made compared to the one I have currently. I just Pray its nothing serious and I install new one and have same issue haha. I got these also was recommended ELFR-1-QD Electronic LED Flasher Relay with Quick Disconnects × 1 to help with the blinking fast.

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
Be aware the electronic flasher will negate your bike's signal auto-cancel so pay attention, if your signal keeps blinking then others on the road may pull-out in front of you expecting you are turning-in. Auto cancel is a nice feature but heck we are all probably used to being without it. Just wanted to let you know so you are safe out there.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Used two such devices. The first began to fail just the same after 10 thousand km. I ordered second one the same. But before installation, the second device was opened and glued all printed circuit boards with double-sided tape, and the seam of the plastic parts from the outside after assembly was generously filled with glue. Maybe this time I was just lucky, or maybe such a revision turned out to be successful. But with the second device I traveled another 60 thousand kilometers, and even in heavy rains it continued to work stably.

Friends suggested that in the previous device there was a soldering marriage or it was simply low-quality solder, which eventually falls apart from vibration.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Be aware the electronic flasher will negate your bike's signal auto-cancel so pay attention, if your signal keeps blinking then others on the road may pull-out in front of you expecting you are turning-in. Auto cancel is a nice feature but heck we are all probably used to being without it. Just wanted to let you know so you are safe out there.
Yup it's second nature to cancel the turn signal my self but thanks for the heads up !

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
Yeah the Blaster X is a quality piece. Also I suggest cleaning up the wiring under the rear fender as that becomes a troubled section later on with corrosion and sometimes if you ride 2 up and bottom out and take out the wiring with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the Blaster X is a quality piece. Also I suggest cleaning up the wiring under the rear fender as that becomes a troubled section later on with corrosion and sometimes if you ride 2 up and bottom out and take out the wiring with it.
Yeah prior owner did a botched job with the wiring once the Blaster comes I'm going to properly do the wiring etc. I actually think that's what caused the main issue here. It shorted out blew my fuse to the RPM gauge and rear tail light the other day so I'm assuming that was the culprit to the light going out now. I made sure nothing is touching now under the rear end and so far no issues until the new one comes.

·
Registered
883 Posts
The blaster is awesome. I've tried a few brands and that's my fav. It's awesome you got the smoked one too, they didn't offer that til fairly recently.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The blaster is awesome. I've tried a few brands and that's my fav. It's awesome you got the smoked one too, they didn't offer that til fairly recently.
I didn't get the switch for the strobe feature because I don't think I'd really ever use it.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I didn't get the switch for the strobe feature because I don't think I'd really ever use it.
You can always get a switch later. I didn’t think so either but I’ve used mine as hazards and at parades. You can also program some settings with the switch. Something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Installed the new Blaster Tail light and cleaned up the wiring under rear end uploading some pictures now !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts