RS Warrior Forum banner

LED Kits

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Archangel_369th 
#1 ·
I’m getting a new midnight Warrior this weekend. Will be my second warrior. Was wondering if it was a good idea to add some red LED’s on the bike? I think it would look amazing as well as help with visibility for other drivers. My only issue is that it seems like once some parts would need to be removed like the tank, it would become a pain because of all the wires. Has anybody done this and how? I really like the idea but not if it becomes a big hassle during maintenance and everything. The wiring process is already slightly daunting 😂

#2 ·
just verify with your state to see if there are any LED colors that are not allowed. Some places do not allow you to add certain colors to your bike while driving. You also need to be sure that if you add for example red LEDS that they do not distract from the brake and in some cases flash functions with respect to visibility

#4 ·
I have an LED light kit on my Warrior. Other than removing the tank and seat, which are both really some to do, the installation of the lights was very easy. I usually have my lights cycle thru their entire color spectrum and have had no issues here in Florida. If I kept them red or blue I already know there's a legal issue. Cycling them does appear to help with visibility, or at least helps me feel a little more visible

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

#8 ·

I just installed a LED light kit on my bike only thing I would recommend is getting some gorilla glue two sided tape to use instead of the 3 M tape that comes standard with most light kits and also if the kit you order doesn't have a toggle on / off switch I recommend running that so it doesn't constantly run and drain the battery " Even though it's a small amount "

#9 ·
This is the kit I've been using for the past 2 years

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Not sure if it's the same one but I just installed an amazon kit

#12 ·
I know for a fact that underglow, led lighting, regardless of color are not legal in Connecticut. I put a set of light up window washer nozzles on my wifes car and she got pulled over for them in less than a week. Its considered a distraction to other drivers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.