RS Warrior Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well, I ordered the LED kit like you guys did.

Just put some on today. Looking to be really subtle.
Did 2 long ones under the tank, 2 medium in the rear fender and 1 medium under the middle of the bike on the frame. Waiting till dark to see if I want more or not.
They come with 3M adhesive backing already but I added a few strips of Gorilla Glue tape on them to keep them more secure.
View attachment 252461 View attachment 252462 View attachment 252463 View attachment 252464 View attachment 252465 View attachment 252466 View attachment 252467
I never thought about putting them on underside of the tank. I was thinking about putting them on the frame under where the tank sits. Is one better than another?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I never thought about putting them on underside of the tank. I was thinking about putting them on the frame under where the tank sits. Is one better than another?
I am not fond of seeing the "direct" strips from any angle. It looks too bright and you can see all the magic. I placed mine in locations where you see the glow but not the strips. Therefore, I like mine under the tank where only the glow bounces down. I wanted mine to be subtle and not as bright as others might like.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm pretty sure its not legal here either. My kids like it and I'm not out robbing banks so if the cops really wanna hassle me over it, then screw em. Gonna let it sit for a day or so and decide if I wanna add more or not.
I live in PA and lights like these are not legal on cars but bikes they are. Could be the same case in a lot of states.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I live in PA and lights like these are not legal on cars but bikes they are. Could be the same case in a lot of states.
Could be. Honestly....I don't even care anymore. There are so many stupid laws out there and the big ones get ignored. I'm pretty friendly with my local cops. Enough to know that if I am getting in trouble for lights on a bike, then there is something else they want me on really but they needed an excuse. I live in LA. If they aren't doing anything abut protestors breaking into stores and looting businesses then I am not worried.
This made me happy, doesn't hurt anyone so I did it.

Rant off. Cool lights on.

BTW: Your bike made me do it. It looks great.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you tie directly into the battery, and just use the waterproof switch (nicely done, btw) or are you hooked in behind as ignition circuit?
Thanks, and really nicely done.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just installed this kit today ! and I love it what do you guys think ?

Only thing I recommend is getting Gorilla glue two sided strips instead of the 3M Stock ones / More grip
This kit included a toggle switch on / off so it doesn't put strain on the battery at all times, So I recommend installing one if you don't use this kit.

Just figured I'd share my project !

View attachment 249373 View attachment 249374
Did you tie directly into the battery, and just use the waterproof switch (also nicely done!) or are you hooked in behind as ignition circuit?
Thanks, and really nicely done.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts