RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find the info I needed doing a search so I need your help pls....

I am considering adding a small LED strip on each side of my rear fender to act as running lights and turn signals. Is it true that I need a dual circuit LED type product? Where can I find a simple small (like 5-LED pod or something) LED strip that can do this? Also what's the best way to wire this up for the rear? I want to add as little circuitry as possible, simple is better for me.

I already have an integrated rear LED on my custom fender. However, I retained the stock rear wiring harness so I'd appreciate any details on what wires to hook up how based upon the stock wiring reference...

Thanx in advance!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Check with radiantz (sp?)for the lights - they sellLED clusters in all colors and sizes. I'm not for certain but I think if you already have the LED integrated taillight that if you wire these new LED's in with that, you shouldn't need an LEQ since they will be able to utilize the LEQ you have in place for the integrated taillight (assuming of course that you have any LEQ in place to correct the fast flash of your integrated taillight)

Also check this thread http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/122316.aspx?PageIndex=1- this was for the front run/turn sig but should otherwise be similar

http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/122316.aspx?PageIndex=1

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx NorCal, I thought there was already dual circuit LEDs as a package already available out there...

·
Registered
661 Posts
I had to use the Eclipze modules to make my front LED's Running/Turnsignal. The Eclipze module made it the dual circut for that application. But, if your just using them for running lights I don't think you'll need those. I added 2 LEQ's just to be safe and for future LED needs. Should just be a straight forward wiring from your blue running light wire and ground. No need for the stock tail light harness in my opinion. Just more clutter. I cut all the clips and ends off of mine. Much neater. Strip, solder, and heat shrink. I'm not sure if you'll have, or have had, the COD problem, but, an automotive relay stopped mine. Sorry I'm not much help even though I just went through this! LOL. George

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mine R running/Turnsignal lights and not sure what LEQ is or a Eclipze modules. To run mine as a run and signal I needed dual element and Dual-Load Equalizer is designed to correct the problem of turn signals flashing too quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts