RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently installed the ca integrated tail/signal light on the back and fork mounted turn signal rings on the front i used the eclipse modules on the front .

the rear light came with a replacement flasher module , i still cant figure out where the heck that goes . anyway my problem is fast flicker front and back , plus on the front whenyou activate the turn signal it dims and fast flickers barely visible . i thought the eclipse modules were supposed to correct this. i'd appreciate any help or advice yall can give.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You need to install load equalizers on the front and rear circuits. I'm not sure why the integrated tail lite came with a flasher replacement. Others are free to chime in on that.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Cant really help you with your problem, but if you want to save yourself a lot of frusteration and regret you'll send the CA tail light back and get a refund. There are several several people here that have had nothing but problems with that thing. If you must have an integrated tail light there are other more realiable options.

·
Registered
692 Posts
When I installed my CA tailight the signals flashed quickly, the flasher module that comes with the light corrects the fast flash rate back to the stock rate. Do yourself a favor, the flasher module that comes with the CA taillight is crap - throw it away and go to autozone and by a two pole 12V automotive flasher. The flasher is installed under the seat below the stock ECU near the battery, you'll hear it clicking in their when you turn the signals on. Follow the instructions that came with the CA taillight to find the two wires that you will need to utilized - basically the two that go to the stock flasher. Temporarily wire them to the new flasher to make sure you got it hooked up right before you permanently wire it up and you should be good to go. Do a search for flasher module or check Arizona Warriors popular mods page (use the link in his signature line). Oh yeah one more thing - you will loose the auto cancel feature so you'll have to remember to turn your signals off

·
Registered
232 Posts
Drake,

I was one of those victims who also bought a [email protected]@dy,
f0”*çing CA taillight and had nothing than just hassles an probs until
I turned around and overhauled that friggen thing totally from the
ground up (now it is even waterproof).

It worked perfectly until I came to the next F&+*çken component: That dammed flasher unit.
Chuck
it, mate! It is useless like a yellow submarine up in mars…LOL. I even
bothered to get a second brand new one from CA which worked fine on my
bench, yeah after finding out that the wirings needs to be reversed!
(what a peace of crrrrp!) BTW: The 2 lines you have to fined out are
brown and brown/white on the bike.Well, the story did not finish here: Until I slotted everything on the bike, turned the switch on an voilà… it stuffed up again.
Nothing than… well, you can beat this CA stuff only if you are persistent and you seem to be nearly there.

Get
a different flasher unit as NorCalWarrior mentioned already (best with
a relay inside) . That unit eliminates the fast flashing. The one you
got from CA is just another Made in ChEAPO!

·
Registered
52 Posts
kr1488 said:
You need to install load equalizers on the front and rear circuits. I'm not sure why the integrated tail lite came with a flasher replacement. Others are free to chime in on that.

listen to that dude, hes got it. Fu(k that flasher module just go to radio shack and pick up some in line resistors I forgot what amp and ohm, but the guys at RS will know, theyre not that big just look like little blocks like an inch and a half long by like .5 inches wide and simple as **** to wire in, plus theyre only like a buck a pop, screw those eclipse modules and all that sh!t that costs like 25 bucks, you get the same thing only with heat shrink over em. You need one for each flasher, I got led rings and integrated TLon mine and it fixed mine right away, plus since theyre so little you can hide em anywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts