RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has auyone tried mounting a air scoop for the left side on the right side. I was thinking it would let more into the engine area with bak air system installed. Not sure how it would look or if its a good idea or not. I figured someone has tried it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think the scoop looks pretty good on the right side. Im hoping it helps with the cooling. It gets up in the 120s around here from time to time. I need all the help I can get.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i just did it. i think it looks great, no pics though. haven't tested the functionality yet though either...as my bike is still up on the jack waiting for rc components wheels to come in. should be able to test it out in the next 3-5 years at this rate.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did this install about a year ago because I thought it would give me more leg room on the right side of the bike. I don't know if it helps to channel more air for the BAK or not but you can't go wrong with the improvement in the way it makes the bike look.
I've got one pic showing this mod in my gallery if you want to check it out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your help. I think Im going to give it a shot. Now I need to figure out how to find one at a good price.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Here you go Jim, per our email, I pulled it off and took picks. I reused rubber gromets and bolts from other stuff I pulled off. Took bolts to Lowes to get 2 nuts for scoop bolts and 1 at btm. Same size. Fabbed from 1" alum flat bar I also got at lowes. Took 2 pieces. I used a piece of Alum (about 2" x 3")I had laying around for the scoop to bolt to and bolt to standoff frame. Total cost under $10 except for scoop. My scoop is just a hair from touching all brkts. Tried to show in pics. Hope this helps. Any questions let me know.

Insert Image:

94.07KB

Insert Image:

83.64KB

Insert Image:

96.36KB

Insert Image:

96.17KB

Insert Image:

96.56KB

Insert Image:

65.43KB

Insert Image:

73.05KB

Insert Image:

47.43KB

Insert Image:

65.1KB

Insert Image:

68.79KB

·
Registered
332 Posts
pm badegg, he's got one for sale. not sure what he's asking for it, but it will surely beat yami by 7000% or more.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for taking the time to send those pics. Thats cool the way you made the bracket. Looks like a little time and TLC went into it. It realy looks good. I cant wait to give it a try. Did you do all that air brushing on your bike yourself? Looks Great!!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Yes sir, and thanks for the compliments! Must have done ok on the fab, it hasn't blown off yet, heaven forbid! Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
2,785 Posts
Not mine but I took these somewhere on the site
Those were my first design before making them by shaping and welding them to make a solid bracket.

I know rudy was selling them cheap on face book.
I sold my last one a while back but plan on making more when I get settled into my new garage and set it up.

·
Super Moderator
2,785 Posts
Here's what they came.out to look like. The scoop sits perfect as if it was from the factory. The bracket has angle and bends and is welded from 4- 1/8"x3/4 steel.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts