RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Argh. Question on this install.

There's a vacuum connector on the fuel pressure regulator.
But I can't figure out what (if anything) gets connected to it and there's nothing mentioned in the instructions.

Lil help?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Leave that open, nothing goes there.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Is there a parts list on here or a sticky
-Two feet minimum of 8AN hose, I recommend more for a little margin of error when you cut.

-Jiffy-Tite 31608 (J) and 32608 (J) valved quick-disconnects with Viton seals. Adding J to the product number specifies all-black, otherwise they come in a black/gold finish.

-Two hose clamps for the tank fuel line. The hose is approximately 5/8" OD.

-5/16" FI rated fuel hose, to relocate the fuel pressure regulator.

-Four 5/16" FI rated hose clamps.

-Heat shrink to prevent any fraying of the cut braided hose ends. (Optional, but really nice if you used stainless braided line. Nylon braided line you can "melt" the ends).

-Two M5 x .8 nuts for the FPR.

-I highly recommend an 8AN assembly wrench or two, so you don't mar the fittings.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Note that you also might need to slightly flare the ends of the 8AN line, to make it easier to fit over the fuel tank nipples. I built a forming tool by cutting the threads off a long 1/2" bolt, and rounding the unthreaded portion. Held the tool in a vise, applied heat and a little engine oil while working the hose about 2" down the bolt shank. Made assembly much easier.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Finally got around to doing this. Nice mod, simple but took some effort to figure out locations and muscling the new lines into place. I didn't make the engine bracket any narrower but I'm happy with the result. Love that my knees can hug the tank on both sides. Thanks, Jason.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Looks awesome. Like you said, it's nice to not have that cover hitting your knee anymore huh?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I've been getting lots of PM's lately, so I'm going to bring this post back up.

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
Ok all here goes:

I followed the direction that Jason has already posted - with a few minor adjustments.

So the only difference on my install is:

1) I used the factory fuel line from the AUX tank to the FPR, I just cut it down to the length that I needed. I used the 12" piece supplied with the kit to go from the FPR to the fuel injector, again I just cut it down to the length that I needed.

2) I reused the factory "CRIMP" fuel line clamps on everything except the FPR to the fuel injectors. I also installed the "SPRING" thingy on that section of the hose as Jason suggested.

Can you possibly upload the pics that photobucket moved?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm going to be buying the parts from this list and doing this mod soon! How much of the 5/16" fuel line will I need to relocate the pressure regulator?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
If I remember right, it only required about 12 inches. Make sure your fuel line is rated for high pressure though!

21 - 40 of 76 Posts