RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
billh, that is the uglyist home made side cover ive ever seen... could you show me how to make one please. i like it

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hahahaha...welllll...thanks PigDog...I think! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I'll take it off today and take some better pics and i also have a cad drawing of it.

I really didn't think anyone would be interested so i didn't go into any detail. I made it like this just to match the Twin Velocity air box that should be here today or tomorrow.

I'll put them on my web site today.

I just used some scrap 1/4" 60/61 alum to make the base plate and 1/8" for the top screw-on plate. Then used a file to make what is the air inlets on the actual airbox. Then a couple more pieces to make the trim at the top. Put them on with glue and finishing nails...yep...wood trim finishing nails.

Then polished the base plate and painted the outer plate.

Used black 10-32 button head screws...drilled and tapped the base plated.

I'll go ahead and see if i have room to upload the cad drawing here. I couldn't get all the measurements on one drawing without crowding it so there's two dwgs side-by-side.

http://www.rswarrior.com/members/billh1943/twinvelocity.jpg

·
Registered
756 Posts
Wellll...thank you Cheri...i appreciate it!!!

Just wish the Twin Velocity would get here so i could have the REAL thing on the other side! [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
756 Posts
Mod God HUH!!! Hahahaha...you guys give me toooooo much credit! ****...if ya seen my work up close...you'd probly throw rocks at me!!! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts