RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is going on behind the scoop on the left side? I see the fuel line from the tank running down and then out to the pump behind the cover under the seat, but I don't know if this can be removed or relocated under the tank.

I really want to get rid of the scoop, and expose the engine, but I don't want the hoses and whatever else is there to be hanging out. Can anyone help me with this?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
It can be removed, but buy an AIS removal kit/plugs first, then that gets rid of about 7 lbs of metal and junk. It directs cooling air to the rear cylinder so keep it. The left side dry break is also under there too...keep that. You can also buy Churchkey's V-BAK kit as well for $200 at the same time. Lots of us have done it...it's fairly easy with directions supplied and support is either a phone call to Woody away or right from the forum members here. You'll also lose the stock plastic airbox under the tank and gain a whole bunch of torque from 2000 rpm up!!!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the AIS block off plates installed, and I have the Baron 's BAK installed (I do intend to add velocity stacks to this setupfor more get up). The Dealer told me today that he thinks the dry break is the only thing behind it.

What and how do I do with/move the dry break?

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,724 Posts
Again from Popular Mods - some of the guys did great work on this one:

Fuel Tank - Dry Break - Left Side Clean-Up: http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=59512
Fuel Tank - Dry Break - Ferracci: http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/28726.aspx
Fuel Tank - '02 Dry Break - Underseat - Female 5PX-24305-00-00, Male 5PX-24304-10-00
Fuel Tank - '02 Dry Break - Left Side - Female 5PX-24305-00-00, Male 5PX-24304-00-00
Fuel Tank - '03-'08 Dry Break - Underseat: Female 5PX-24305-00-00, Male 5PX-24304-11-00
Fuel Tank - '03-'08 Dry Break - Left Side: Female 5PX-24305-00-00, Male 5PX-24304-01-00

NOTES: the hose from the left front of the tank is the vent hose and it needs to remain at its lower elevation so when you relocate it up under the tank you'll have some odd happenings. I mention this because knowing thisin advance you might notice bits of that problem being discussed in posts andthat will help you achieve the mod and avoid the pitfall.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
55 Posts
After AIS removal, to clean up theleft side you need to do 2 more things.

1) You need to replace the U-shaped Dry-Break (Arizona Warrior just gave you some leads)

2) You need to relocate the FPR (do a search on FPR relocation)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts