RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I removed today the right side panel to do more work on the electrical project I started some time ago.
I needed a special tool to remove the bolt, it looked like a torx key but with a little nut in the center. Lucky me I purchased a Kuryakyn pair of light bolts for the rear plate... they come with an identical key. Since Kuryakyn is designed not to last a long time, their key got ruined very fast, while trying to remove the bolt. Still, it was enought to unscrew the bolt and continue my work.

If you tell me to look into Warrior small tool kit... I cannot do that. The bike did not come with a tool kit.

My question is: Where can I get a professional set of keys like that? Or is it one standard/unique size?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and teach a newbie some new mechanical tricks.

Floren

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Re: Left side panel special "torx like" bolt tool needed

You need a T30 Torx bit, available as a socket bit or allen key.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts

Warrior_uk said:
You need a T30 Torx bit, available as a socket bit or allen key.
He actually needs the "security" or safety torx bit, t30...a regular torx bit won't work...due to the pin in the middle of the head. The safety bits have a corresponding recess in them to allow the pin to fit inside.

(they're also known as "tamper-proof" torx!)

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks a lot guys. Now that I know the actual tool name, I can get it to any auto store.

Floren

1 - 4 of 4 Posts