RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m cleaning my garage and I’m wondering if I should keep the leftover parts from my bike after I finish a modification. Should I save them in case I need them or sell them Or if I ever need to go back to stock I have them. Idon’t know, what should I do ? Most of the stuff are like coil’s plug wires complete intake system since I went to a V back, couple shiny parts, stock exhaust system, stuff like that.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
If u have no intention of ever going back to stock....

Than post the parts up for sale...

Or what I do with some smaler stuff Is i hang on to it and when someone needs something I sell it

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
28,818 Posts
Maybe use the free for-sale ads to sell them, just come up with a price and make it obo. If things don't sell in a couple weeks you can always offer them free and they just pay shipping.

Probably, if you are like most of us, you will never want them. But obviously its your call because we never need that part until we get rid of it lol. Been there.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I just wish all parts were available in Australia instead of silly freight costs. .. if that makes sense.

I suggest everyone keeps their no longer used parts, in a box tucked away until I need them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
28,818 Posts
An established member needs to start and manage it.

When I did it back in the early days, I paid the freight to me. Essentially I bought them for price of freight. So I did not have to hassle with posting lists and stuff (if someone reimbursed me then its not my stuff so lists had to be posted for transparency). Sometimes there were bits I put on my own shelf for my spares (I never sold a donated part).

Then I emailed lists of whats available to my friend Tomba in the UK/EU and my friend Heff in AUS. They asked around. I sent what they wanted and they reimbursed me on freight cost and they worked out distribution themselves.

·
Registered
684 Posts
An established member needs to start and manage it.

When I did it back in the early days, I paid the freight to me. Essentially I bought them for price of freight. So I did not have to hassle with posting lists and stuff (if someone reimbursed me then its not my stuff so lists had to be posted for transparency). Sometimes there were bits I put on my own shelf for my spares (I never sold a donated part).

Then I emailed lists of whats available to my friend Tomba in the UK/EU and my friend Heff in AUS. They asked around. I sent what they wanted and they reimbursed me on freight cost and they worked out distribution themselves.
That’s a great idea AZ, but the cost of freight to Australia is prohibitive as well as the USD to AUD. Not to mention the 3 months travelling time. Getting stuff from the UK gets here in 3 weeks and the freight is a lot cheaper. This coronavirus had made things impossible because nothing is being flown in. It a flight crew lands in Australia they have to go into 14 days lockdown before they can fly back. Unless the use 2 flight crews and they don’t leave the plane. Where at the moment there is a flight bubble between the UK and Australia. However, with the look of a second wave kicking in, that could change to.

·
Administrator
28,818 Posts
All you can do is to organize best way you can. Free parts are better than buying parts AND paying freight. If its no help today then think long term as a group of members in and around AUS/NZ/etc.

The idea is to stock more bits that someone there might need. Maybe not now. But eventually.

You folks should pow-wow and see if between everyone you might find a solution that is acceptable. If not then all you can do is pay the price when a breakdown strikes.

If your tail light fails but one exists in-country then its faster and cheaper.

It takes a team. Plus it takes an affordable freight forwarder. Heff used to have one.

Anyway, back then we thought about solutions and went for it. But today its a different world. Who cares if it takes a long time when its for local stock. That only leaves shipping price and there must be creative ways.

Maybe somebody works for a company that sends stuff to AUS via a forwarder and would let a guy drop-off a couple boxes to go to AUS with their stuff and you could collect it there. Or some other way. Dunno.

This problem needs input from many members in many countries. And someone needs to organize that.

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
If someone know a consolidator or freight forwarder that would be great as it would be cheap to send a couple of boxes in a big container. Probably easier from the west coast.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I agree with all that you say Hef. Unfortunately I only know of 2 other warrior riders on here from Australia. Your right if we could consolidate say 5 or 6 guys it would be easy peasy to build up stock of secondhand parts. I don’t know what this World is going to be like on the other side of the virus, I hope we get back to some normality but I can’t see that. Once the flights between countries resume you can then send stuff by air which would be cheaper and quicker than by sea. At present the only real contact we have is Spartan Warriors on the Gold Coast to get stuff, but naturally he has to put his price on it too. At present he can’t get any stuff quicker than you or I. I’ve been waiting 2 months for my extensions.😎😎🐝

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just wish all parts were available in Australia instead of silly freight costs. .. if that makes sense.

I suggest everyone keeps their no longer used parts, in a box tucked away until I need them

Just a thought mate. Next time I come down, I can bring them and mail them to you from Sydney? Just a thought to keep in mind.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Appreciate that. There’s nothing I am in need of at present but things can always change and you won’t be visiting for a while with the travel restrictions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
28,818 Posts
You folks might want to list some spare parts you as a group would want to share. Things not easily available in the aftermarket. It seems like almost everything has been given-free or sold-for-little here over the years so being organized and managing an AUS Shared Spares thread to communicate is a good step toward awareness. Once you have that in existence, the rest will fall into place as you ship the first bits and figure out your local storage.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Not so simple for me when your not aware of what any issues can be. If there was a list of what can go wrong in a scale of importance it would be a heads up on collecting bits & pieces.

From my limited knowledge they seem very reliable.

·
Administrator
28,818 Posts
Starter. Headlight bucket, light-and-lens assy. Handlebar switches and clutch-brake levers. Foot control arms. Front fender. Selected sensors. A Fuel Injection logic relay for early and for later model years. Starter relay with two new 30a fuses. Fuel pump assy in housing. Etc.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Noted

So far my parts consist of a regulator rectifier.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Starter. Headlight bucket, light-and-lens assy. Handlebar switches and clutch-brake levers. Foot control arms. Front fender. Selected sensors. A Fuel Injection logic relay for early and for later model years. Starter relay with two new 30a fuses. Fuel pump assy in housing. Etc.
And a Partridge in a pear tree lolol😎😎🐝

·
Registered
4 Posts
And a Partridge in a pear tree lolol😎😎🐝
Hi guys it's been a crazy year for me I haven't been on the forum for a while but decided to check in and this is a very timely post.
Hi Stryder1956 I'm an Aussie and live in South Brisbane, only know one other warrior guy here called Dutch. Very interested in the parts support idea, keen to help out if I can. Got caught with covid19 and me and my family have been living out of boxes in my parents house for 6 months.
If you want you can contact me direct on 0431897419 or [email protected]
Got hit by a car on a roundabout 3 months ago, bike is still off the road. Yamaha didn't help by sending the wrong parts but some off the parts aren't replaceable. I've got a 2005 special edition, burgundy with factory painted flames on tank and fenders. The tank is damaged and can't find a replacement warrior emblem or tank. I've kept all my parts after mods so the bike can be restored original down the road if it becomes a collectable.
Thinking of removing tank and fenders to store away but what to replace them with? Any suggestions appreciated or parts people willing to sell that might help out. I'm still investigating whether the tank can be repaired and restored.
Hope to hear from you Stryder1956 and any other Aussies out there or anyone just feeling friendly.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts