RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Gday Chuckles I’m a West Aussie I also have the 05 Cherry Red with Black Flames. I hope you get yours sorted, Stryder has a contact but I believe the tanks they do have are set aside for Insurance repairs.

Anyhow good to hear another Aussie on the group and stay China Virus Safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hey Chuckles, try Spartan Warriors down at Nerang. I know he has a spare tank ( used to be mine lol )
Hey Baldy, now you know who to send a bell to.
😎😎🐝

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm sure you Aussies on country lock down are just sitting around with capps and Kingston cookies but hopefully are able to enjoy the bikes from time to time? If I can help by bringing a small (And not heavy) in my suitcase on my next trip down and drop in mail in Sydney, I would be glad to help. Save you a bundle on shipping.

I do carry an Aussie drivers license, bank account, and have a home down there. Just an American who married one of your local beautiful (but Island crazy) women.

·
Registered
393 Posts
What makes this forum so awesome to be a part of is the PEOPLE on here who are always willing to help or find a way to either assist or make something
happen for others in need! azw, Heftysmurf and catchinganupshift; Thank you for offering up great advice/guidance/services for our brothers down under.
If I can help or donate something....count me in. Thank you for allowing me to post my two cents worth...
Rg

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'm sure you Aussies on country lock down are just sitting around with capps and Kingston cookies but hopefully are able to enjoy the bikes from time to time? If I can help by bringing a small (And not heavy) in my suitcase on my next trip down and drop in mail in Sydney, I would be glad to help. Save you a bundle on shipping.

I do carry an Aussie drivers license, bank account, and have a home down there. Just an American who married one of your local beautiful (but Island crazy) women.
That is very good of you to offer ... and I’m not big on biscuits but Tim Tams beat Kingston hands down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi guys it's been a crazy year for me I haven't been on the forum for a while but decided to check in and this is a very timely post.
Hi Stryder1956 I'm an Aussie and live in South Brisbane, only know one other warrior guy here called Dutch. Very interested in the parts support idea, keen to help out if I can. Got caught with covid19 and me and my family have been living out of boxes in my parents house for 6 months.
If you want you can contact me direct on 0431897419 or [email protected]
Got hit by a car on a roundabout 3 months ago, bike is still off the road. Yamaha didn't help by sending the wrong parts but some off the parts aren't replaceable. I've got a 2005 special edition, burgundy with factory painted flames on tank and fenders. The tank is damaged and can't find a replacement warrior emblem or tank. I've kept all my parts after mods so the bike can be restored original down the road if it becomes a collectable.
Thinking of removing tank and fenders to store away but what to replace them with? Any suggestions appreciated or parts people willing to sell that might help out. I'm still investigating whether the tank can be repaired and restored.
Hope to hear from you Stryder1956 and any other Aussies out there or anyone just feeling friendly.
G'day Mate just wondering if you managed to get your bike back on the road?
Paul - Gold Coast.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hey Paul, great to see another Aussie on board. Baldy another of our members lives in far off WA, but we won’t hold that against him. Love to see some pics of your bike. Also while I’m typing away here I thought I’d mention about Gremlin Bells. Have you ever heard of one, do you have one? If you type in Gremlin Bell in the search bar you will find out what it’s all about.😎😎🐝

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Paul, great to see another Aussie on board. Baldy another of our members lives in far off WA, but we won’t hold that against him. Love to see some pics of your bike. Also while I’m typing away here I thought I’d mention about Gremlin Bells. Have you ever heard of one, do you have one? If you type in Gremlin Bell in the search bar you will find out what it’s all about.😎😎🐝
Hey Stryder1956 i've never heard of Gremlin Bells, just looked it up..

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Washington State... Center of the known universe !

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi Thommy_STC Do you mean for a tank? I'm willing to have one posted from anywhere as long as it's a usable tank.
Hi, sorry for confusion.....asking for "continent" was picking on the center of universe comment from abd9810 😉 ☺

As tanks (motorbike tanks ....:ROFLMAO:) are rare in Europe as well, no chance to find one in that forum. Just recommending the forum itseld to EU users being here around (y)
Good luck to find a tank. Thought about to get yours repaired or one custom made ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, sorry for confusion.....asking for "continent" was picking on the center of universe comment from abd9810 😉 ☺

As tanks (motorbike tanks ....:ROFLMAO:) are rare in Europe as well, no chance to find one in that forum. Just recommending the forum itseld to EU users being here around (y)
Good luck to find a tank. Thought about to get yours repaired or one custom made ?
Ah sorry my mistake.
My tank can be repaired however it has been repaired previously and i haven't stripped it back to see the extent of damage or quality of repair, anything car be repaired but it would be nice to have a better tank to start with if possible.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I wonder if he knows that the centre of the known Universe is so small that you need a degree in Quantum Physics, just to be able to know that there is a known Universe. If however Abd9810 wants to take up Quantum Physics I will gladly cook for him so he does not starve. Just as an example;
Breakfast- SPAM EGGS SPAM ON SPAM.
Lunch- SPAM SPAM BAKED BEANS SPAM AND SPAM EGGS.
DINNER- SPAM SPAM ARTICHOKE SPAM TOAST AND you guessed it SOURKRAUT.😎😎🐝

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Now That’s a lot of SPAM !

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Any success with that EBay listing for the Warrior Tank ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm still waiting for the seller to get me a postage price, he did request a few days...

Also another member may have a spare tank, so things are lookin up.
I'll keep you in the loop..

21 - 39 of 39 Posts