RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
13,094 Posts
Hmmm... Rotella T oil (T-6 right?) only comes in 5-40 I believe. I may be wrong of course, I don't know their whole line of oils. However, that's not a good choice with the Warrior. Where did you do said research? (Where did you see that Rotella was the way to go?)

I'm not messing with you, just don't want you to have a catastrophic failure -as Mike would say...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Don't want to highjack this thread, or turn it into another "oil debate". But researched here, and one of the 3 ppl that recommended it is a Yamaha mechanic. He has ran it in his R6 for a few yrs. I also had it in my other bike (Suzuki Intruder) with no problems. But I will watch bike carefully and post any problems, if any.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Rotella T is a "straight" 30 weight non-detergent oil I believe, used in diesels a lot and actually used to break in racing motors too. I've heard of people using it without clutch issues

·
Registered
294 Posts
Went for a 3 hr bike ride today...Between car shows and the regular beach bar stops along the way, I only got 2 out of the regular 4 comments from girls wanting rides on the bike today.... So I guess the oil is only 50% effective as what was in it before ;-) BTW-no clutch slip what so ever...

·
Registered
155 Posts
2) I are a smart man so while doing an oil change I happily put in the 3 quarts, put the dipstick back and start the engine. I swear there's a 2ft high column of oil that arcs up gracefully and covers the middle part of the bike and my garage floor. It helps to tighten the dipstck too:}:}
ahhaha!! I did it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
so, my warrior is my daily commuter to college. On my way back from school got into a turn lane that comes derectly off the freeway. About 300 ft of white painted turn arrows is contained in this lane, of which I slid across all of it while trying to break from 65mph. no fun!! luckily i managed to steer it to the left to grab some tractions. :D

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Not a warrior thing, but never assume you are in second gear and rip the throttle. First gear WOT on a ZX10r is a bad idea.

·
Registered
16 Posts
From my little experience so far. Took the tank off to fix a fuel leak on one of the drylock fuel fittings. Took it out for a ride and it stalled every light. The Fuel light never went off even though I had just put 2 gallons in the tank. Long story and a short push later i got back home. As stated on here again and again, you gotta hear the click. I didnt hear the click and I got a workout pushing the bike up the **** hill to my home. Now, I hear the click... and a little oil on the O ring.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Lesson learned the hard way....

Wife left out the blow dryer one morning. After completing the manscaping I got out of the shower and seen it laying on the counter. So I figured, oh **** why not. My luck she walks in to see me drying my manhood and asks, "What are you doing?!"

So naturally I responded, "warming up your breakfast" I learned a valuable lesson that day. :p

i shared this with people at work and we all died with this one/

·
Registered
946 Posts
I let a rolling burn out turn into a face to face conversation with a parked dodge durango... had I not been wearing a full face helmet.....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
946 Posts
Had a buddy call me a week ago needing help with his vstar classic...the headlight will not work...at all...he meters it and gets nothing. He's changed the bulb twice and gets nothing... I go over START the bike and the headlight comes on....he apparently didn't know the bike has to be running to turn on the headlight. He admitted to me he worked on it for TWO weeks and couldn't figure it out so he called me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
35 Posts
Don't get excited when u get a new toy and say "I'll fix that later". My bike was lowered 2 inches through the triples and lowered in the rear when I got it. I had a ZX636R I always rode hard in turns. Well 2 days after getting my warrior I made the little dent in the fender huge and scraped my bigshots, frame, and the right foot control bracket horribly. All from one dip in one turn. Needless to say, I raised the front that night.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought my baby in October '13. I hadn't been on a bike in 8 years, so needless to say, I was more than happy to be back on a bike and the Warrior was the icing on the cake. I went to a local shop to look for gear. I pulled into the parking lot, killed the bike and dismounted...almost. I didn't think the bike leaned that much until the kickstand caught. It does help to have the kickstand down apparently! To my surprise, I was able to hold her up and right her. Thank God for the aluminium frame!!! Btw, no one was in the parking lot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This shut off method also insures bike is in first gear to prevent roll when parked on a slope. BMW K1200LT's have been known to roll and fall over after they were parked in neutral, after the rider walked away. I doubt this would happen to a Warrior, but why chance it?
Found out the hard way that its a bad idea to leave my warrior idling in neutral while on a slight incline in my drive way. The vibrations rolled it forward and off the kickstand. Softball size dent in the tank busted mirror and scratched up chrome grip. Uff Da!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Engine shut down process change suggestion:

Get into this routine for stopping the bike engine this way, and only this way.

Put the kickstand down with the bike running and the bike is in first gear. This kills the engine of course.

You quickly adapt/get used to shutting the bike engine down this way and can never forget to lower the kickstand.
this is how I shut it down everytime.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Found out the hard way that its a bad idea to leave my warrior idling in neutral while on a slight incline in my drive way. The vibrations rolled it forward and off the kickstand. Softball size dent in the tank busted mirror and scratched up chrome grip. Uff Da!
I learned that lesson, too. Sprayed WD40 on the kickstand because it was really tough to pull out. Got to my gate, set the kickstand, and proceeded to open the gate. The bike rolls forward and HITS ME!!! Thankfully, I was able to keep it from falling, set the kickstand, and put it in gear. I'll shut it off first from now on.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts